Conference Schedule? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Conference Schedule?

It's an easy process.

Pick two Saturday nights for Duke vs UNC.

Throw darts against the wall for everyone else.

False. The first UNC-Duke game is a Wednesday night. Syracuse usually gets the lead-in to it, or are we already forgetting how infuriating it was trying to watch our game v. UL while they were doing a live remote from UNC last year?

Plus, didn't ESPN recently lose a high ranking executive in charge of programming? Might be another reason for a bit of delay getting their schedules together.

Its September 5th, how much longer are we going to have to wait for the schedule?

The ACC clearly caught wind of the torture we went through waiting on TT and AW. I want to know when we play at Georgia Tech!!!

Because ESPN doesn't give a damn about MAAC basketball

Of course they don't but just making a point that not all schedules have been released yet. I hate to make any comment without it sounding like it belongs in an AWIII thread but unless there is something major holding it up, I would think it would be in the next day or two.

There are 9 nine home conference games.

In 2013-14, we had a great home schedule, especially for out of towners, with 6 ACC home games scheduled on weekends, including Duke and UNC.

In 2014-15, we only had 3 home ACC games scheduled on weekends. But at least one of them was Duke. That was unbelievably unkind to a program with a huge fan base where a significant number of fans can't make it to the Dome for a weekday night game.

In 2015-16, we had 4 home ACC games on weekends. No Duke but UNC.

This year, we have the following ACC opponents coming to the Dome:

Boston College
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Pittsburgh
Virginia
Wake Forest

I want at least 5 of these scheduled on a weekend. Hoping it includes Duke, UL and UVa.

If that happens, we will lead the country in attendance again.

The SU AD office should emphasis over and over how important it is to play home games on the weekends. I hope this is happening.

In 2013-14, we had a great home schedule, especially for out of towners, with 6 ACC home games scheduled on weekends, including Duke and UNC.

In 2014-15, we only had 3 home ACC games scheduled on weekends. But at least one of them was Duke. That was unbelievably unkind to a program with a huge fan base where a significant number of fans can't make it to the Dome for a weekday night game.

Boston College
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Pittsburgh
Virginia
Wake Forest

I want at least 5 of these scheduled on a weekend. Hoping it includes Duke, UL and UVa.

The SU AD office should emphasis over and over how important it is to play home games on the weekends. I hope this is happening.
No one involved in the process cares about home attendance: it's about tv ratings.
Years ago, when ESPN was an infant, I asked someone at the AD's office why SU didn't do a local blackout until X tickets were sold. Said SU and TV would lose too much money. Its worth far more be in living rooms than to have butts in seats.

No one involved in the process cares about home attendance: it's about tv ratings.
Years ago, when ESPN was an infant, I asked someone at the AD's office why SU didn't do a local blackout until X tickets were sold. Said SU and TV would lose too much money. Its worth far more be in living rooms than to have butts in seats.
This is not accurate.

TV plays the biggest role in determining the schedule but the schools have a say in things as well.

The schedule makers take the requirements of the TV networks into account, and then, to a lesser extent, the desires of the schools.

Boston College
Duke
Florida State
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Pittsburgh
Virginia
Wake Forest

Good points. I'd add that they should push for as many conference home games as possible to be played during the spring semester. Big state schools with a lot of semi-local students can get away with scheduling conference games over Christmas. SU can't.

Though I remember Big East road finales in 2000, 2005, 2009, 2010, and 2013, for some reason he claimed this: "Syracuse has played its regular-season finale on the road in each of its first three years in the ACC. (That only happened one time during SU's 30-plus run in the Big East)."

I think he's saying Cuse hasn't had 3 straight regular season finales on the road except for one other time. No?

I think he's saying Cuse hasn't had 3 straight regular season finales on the road except for one other time. No?

You're probably right; the wording isn't clear, but it looks like the closed on the road every year from '83 to '86, so that makes more sense than getting the facts wrong.

Either way, odd to focus on the season finale in the team-specific blurb. I'd have used Tom's point above.

There's a report that the schedule will come out Thursday or Friday and that the ACC office is frustrated with the networks over the delay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom