Conference scheduling with 15 members | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Conference scheduling with 15 members

USC... down. UM... down VT... down, FSU... down Stanford... down

The stars aligned this season. Next eclipse is in thirty years.

I’m not even saying they didn’t belong in this year. I’m saying they should never be considered because they don’t have to play a 13th game like other conferences. They have a huge built in advantage.

For the most part the P12, B1G, and B12 can complain. However the SEC and to a lesser extent the ACC cannot complain. ND played just as many P5 opponents as Bama or UGA. What does it matter if that 10th in in W13 vs the CCG? The SEC’s extra game is really vs a FCS.

I’m not even saying they didn’t belong in this year. I’m saying they should never be considered because they don’t have to play a 13th game like other conferences. They have a huge built in advantage.

Doesn't that cut both ways? If ND had lost to Michigan this year, and then ran the table and was #5 prior to the conference champ games, the lack of them being in one might have been a distinct disadvantage.

Oh I agree they have a huge advantage but that's ND. If Bama wanted to go to independent they wouldn't have trouble finding a TV network to throw a ridiculous amount at them for exclusivity. I just don't ever see the NCAA having a mandate where the playoff would be conference champion is the only way you can get in. ND has it made right now if they can put together an undefeated, or even 1 loss season, depending how all the chips fall

Scheduling differences is one thing. That’s the school. It’s doffeeent when the ncaa allows for an intentional built in advantage.

Let's keep in mind that in the first 5 years of the CFP only the first year had all conference championship participants. None of the following played the 13th game - 2015 Oklahoma, 2016 Ohio State, 2017 Alabama, and 2018 Notre Dame.

Cheers,
Neil

Lol why on earth would Notre Dame ever join? You really think the NCAA would ever make it so their baby would be left out? The NCAA is a business and Notre Dame is one of its few sure things. Why have them join a conference and lose a couple?
Because of two Supreme Court cases, one brought by the Regents of Oklahoma and the other by the Regents of Georgia, the NCAA has no say in D-1A football beyond determining the eligibility of players and making sure no school exceeds the practice time and number of games limits. First of all, they wouldn't and, second of all, they can't advocate for Notre Dame's being in the playoffs since they have zero point zip to do with the playoffs other than to monitor eligibility, practice time, and number of games. Each and every year since those Supreme Court cases were decided, the NCAA has made exactly $0.00 on regular season and post-season D-1A football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom