Confession | Syracusefan.com

Confession

goodroc

Starter
I don't hate gtown. Havnt since jt3 became coach. One of best coaches in America I know NCAA tourn record has been horrible but I think that will change Over time. Princeton offense is old school great basketball and he does great job teaching it and executing it

Pitt and uconn are much the 2 old big east schools I can't stand

Fire away

image-2433733350.jpg

I think he should coach womens basketball. His style would play very well with that bellow the rim game. I will always hate Gtown and Ive not been overly impressed with JT3 plus I believe that system has a lot to do with chasing the higher rated recruits away from them so I hope he stays there forever ;-)

goodroc said:
I don't hate gtown. Havnt since jt3 became coach. One of best coaches in America I know NCAA tourn record has been horrible but I think that will change Over time. Princeton offense is old school great basketball and he does great job teaching it and executing it Pitt and uconn are much the 2 old big east schools I can't stand Fire away

I attended the game in dc when we got smoked. If you were one of the unfortunate su fans in the building that day you would hope they rot in hell for eternity. Those who were there can back me up.

I hate Georgetown. Always will. Best part about them not being in our conference, is that I can root against them in a guilt free manner from now until eternity. No longer have that feeling that could help the conference with a good OOC win.

I don't hate gtown. Havnt since jt3 became coach. One of best coaches in America I know NCAA tourn record has been horrible but I think that will change Over time. Princeton offense is old school great basketball and he does great job teaching it and executing it

Fire away
Adorable. But really, f g town.

Fire away

Hmmm, how much time are you going to give him to change? That horrible tournament record isn't just a blip any more - it's a blimp hovering over that program full of losers.

Fire away
Says the Georgetown fan. Georgetown.

he gets a lot of advice from his dad and he still sucks. What other coach in the country can ask his dad who has legit hc experience and attends all the games , goes in the locker room and yet he still blows? Its like having a full time advisor as head coach, lifetime on the job training for free lol

I attended the game in dc when we got smoked. If you were one of the unfortunate su fans in the building that day you would hope they rot in hell for eternity. Those who were there can back me up.

Yep, I'm not old enough to remember the rivalry from the '80s, but I was at that game last March. Got to watch them barely beat Colgate at the verizon center this year...F them.

Fire away

They continually lose early in the tournament to double digit seeds. Like, every single year. There's no way you can call him one of the best coaches in America. Everybody gets knocked off at some point, but when it happens every year? You're not that good.

I think their offense limits them, unnecessarily. Keeps them from being able to recruit elite guards because none of them want to play that style, and while it may help develop the passing skills of their big men(Monroe) which helps them at the next level, it doesn't take full advantage of getting the most out of them at the college level.

And these days I think the hatred is really more about their ridiculously douchebaggy fanbase and student population, moreso than the players and coaches. I was at the Dome when the GTown students got pelted with garbage after the game, a few years ago. Normally I wouldn't condone that, but if you saw how they acted from the time they walked in the Dome, you would know they had that coming.

The Florida Gulf Coast game thread on Casual Hoya was gold.

The energy in MSG during the BE semis this year was insane.

Even watching them embarrass themselves against Kansas today brought a smile to my face.

They can't lose enough.

Let's be clear, here.

While today's GU team and coach aren't as detestable as those coached by Darth Vader in the 1980's and 1990's, they are still Georgetown.

I tuned in the GU v. KU game a while ago in time to watch GU Forward Nate Lubick knock a KU guy senseless and out of the game on an intentional foul followed a few plays later by a layup by Markel Starks in which he planted an elbow in the face of the KU defender on the way up.

The "fouls shots attempted" by GU opponents is high because GU still plays thug ball and they recruit thugs. That's who wants to go there.

So while they aren't nearly as bad as when JT II was there, they haven't changed their stripes all that much.

The "High SAT-scoring" Georgetown students are essentially clueless. They cheer for GU because they think they ought to and because its really Georgetown's only sport. It's a chance for the "bookworms" to get out of the library.

Last edited:

Fire away
What color is the sky in your world?
No really? and are there pink unicorns as well?
I can almost forgive the dont hate them, but best coach in america?????
What ever you just took, never take it again

Georgetown is a filth ridden cesspool of venereal disease, communists, and Taliban sympathizers. It's a known fact a Hoya fan burned down Chicago, told Joseph Hazelwood to "drink up, what could happen?", brought bird flu back from China, and framed Old Yeller who was actually fine. Dante forgot to mention the final most horrific layer of h3ll reserved for Hoyas and their fans.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom