Confirmed: UConn to ConferenceUSA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Confirmed: UConn to ConferenceUSA

TM - I think long term its obvious that the ACC will have to have its own ACC network to survive long term. You can see that unfolding before our eyes with the B1G, SEC and PAC networks - considered to be the big 3 right now - the ACC needs to get there fast before the B12 goes in that direction. I like the long term survival chances if the ACC wakes up and gets the ACC network done.

The funny thing about the B12 is that it will live or die based solely on 1 team - UTexas. UTexas holds all the cards - being the B12 anchor and also being the major B12 stumbling block for the conference's long term success due to its LHN.

Maxwell - well said. I will not boast on the demise of another school - SU may be in the same boat when conference realignment finally ends. However, on the athletic side, I hope UConn loses against the Cuse forever.

Su2nasa - very unclassy post and thread. I thought the football side was better than this.

Lighten up Francis.

This post on the basketball side would be titled "bRandon Trish SUX!!!111!!1"

if the b1g wants new england, it takes BC. it most certainly wont take storz.

the b1g will want Boston, not a freakin cow pasture in central to western ct.

the eyeballs are in boston, storz doesnt give them boston eyeballs as easily.

i also dont see the ACC losing anyone, so their membership drive is finished for quite some time.

the bevo? well that stupidarse conf needs to get to at least 12 soon. i still have no idea what makes them so goddamn attractive and how they can stay at 10 while doing so is beyond me.

maybe storz goes there, but i hope not.

F storz
I don't think they go past 10 any time soon. They have no reason to.

Nebraska would be going to the Rose Bowl is there were no conf champ game. I think Texas is done with conf champ games for as long as they can put one off. They nearly got knocked out of a title shot a few years back almost losing to Nebraska in the conf champ. The one where Su made McCoy throw the ball away with about 1 sec left on the clock. Total fluke of luck for Texas that McCoy didnt throw the ball 1 sec later and have the clock expire on them before they could kick a FG.

Plus, they are getting paid like they have 12 right now, and dividing it among only 10.

FSU and Clemson are now making enough in the ACC so that going to the Big12 would be a money loser for many years. No one else out there makes any sense as a viable add.

There is one man who controls what happens in realignment at this point. If Delaney wants 2 more schools, anything can happen. If he is good with 14, nothing will change.

If he decides to add, who is really at risk? who knows. The pac 12 and SEC may both feel pressured to add more schools. The Pac 12 has only one option, the big 12. the SEC could add big 12 schools or ACC schools, or maybe stand pat, who knows. Maybe the ACC and Big 12 are both blown up, anything could happen.

But I don't see the big 12 being an expansion driver at this point. The big 12 and the acc are basically in the same boat, comfortable where they are, but vulnerable if Delaney gets hungry.

I don't think they go past 10 any time soon. They have no reason to.

Nebraska would be going to the Rose Bowl is there were no conf champ game. I think Texas is done with conf champ games for as long as they can put one off. They nearly got knocked out of a title shot a few years back almost losing to Nebraska in the conf champ. The one where Su made McCoy throw the ball away with about 1 sec left on the clock. Total fluke of luck for Texas that McCoy didnt throw the ball 1 sec later and have the clock expire on them before they could kick a FG.

Plus, they are getting paid like they have 12 right now, and dividing it among only 10.

FSU and Clemson are now making enough in the ACC so that going to the Big12 would be a money loser for many years. No one else out there makes any sense as a viable add.

There is one man who controls what happens in realignment at this point. If Delaney wants 2 more schools, anything can happen. If he is good with 14, nothing will change.

If he decides to add, who is really at risk? who knows. The pac 12 and SEC may both feel pressured to add more schools. The Pac 12 has only one option, the big 12. the SEC could add big 12 schools or ACC schools, or maybe stand pat, who knows. Maybe the ACC and Big 12 are both blown up, anything could happen.

But I don't see the big 12 being an expansion driver at this point. The big 12 and the acc are basically in the same boat, comfortable where they are, but vulnerable if Delaney gets hungry.

More than just Delaney, I think the PAC, the SEC ANd the B1g are each in a position to cause the next wave if they choose to do so.

Was at The Village Pourhouse (an SU bar... albeit an SU basketball bar) with a couple friends to watch the football game with UConn. Nothing obnoxious, just sitting down eating, watching the game, and showing our approval when whenever a play went our way (clapping and a cheer or two). Three UConn fans were in the booth next to us and decided it was their job to insult and annoy us throughout the game, while we tried to be the bigger men since it would have been overkill to react with the way the game was going. Towards the end (once they had had enough of their miserable loss) they all threw their empty plastic cups at us and ran out of the bar. So believe me when I say, I'm excited to see which ditch Storrs State and their fans wake up in when all is said and done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom