Congrats to Bayern | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to Bayern

Great, great match. You can't beat the Champions League final for excitement. This one definitely delivered.

It was indeed well played, which was probably a function of the teams knowing each other so well.

Glad that Bayern will get a chance at revenge in the SuperCup.

Bayern Munich was the best club team all year. Deserved. Wished Gotze had played. Maybe he was hurt. Perhaps Bayern convinced him it was best to sit. Who knows. Great game hope some casual fans were sucked in. Another excited club season in the books. Onto the internationals.

but I don't understand how that wasn't a sending off.

Which? Ribery elbow to Lewandowski's face or Dante's foul for the PK should have earned him a second yellow?

How the former incident didn't warrant a yellow at the least is beyond me.

Which? Ribery elbow to Lewandowski's face or Dante's foul for the PK should have earned him a second yellow?

How the former incident didn't warrant a yellow at the least is beyond me.

I was mainly referring to Dante, but Ribery lucked out as well. I think the fact that he was on offense helped him out. If a defender committed that foul it would be almost automatic, or at least you'd think.

Dante's though? Makes no sense.

Edit: I see you're referring to the play in the 1st half. He also threw a wicked clothesline on the defender just outside the box late in the game, around the 80th minute or so.

Double edit: It was actually Robben who committed the foul at the 84:10 mark. But I just rewatched the 25th minute foul by Ribery and it was pretty blatant.

I was mainly referring to Dante, but Ribery lucked out as well. I think the fact that he was on offense helped him out. If a defender committed that foul it would be almost automatic, or at least you'd think.

Dante's though? Makes no sense.

Edit: I see you're referring to the play in the 1st half. He also threw a wicked clothesline on the defender just outside the box late in the game, around the 80th minute or so.

Double edit: It was actually Robben who committed the foul at the 84:10 mark. But I just rewatched the 25th minute foul by Ribery and it was pretty blatant.

Yeah, it just seemed like an overreaction to a pretty tough challenge. I haven't re-watched the game but I recall Lewandowski hanging on to him/grabbing his shirt pretty strong as he was receiving the ball. But still doesn't excuse that. The ref had a clear view and by the way he started running over I thought he was going to show red, but nothing.

But anyway, congrats to BM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom