It's 1 Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It's 1 Game

Every team in the ACC will have losses like that to perceived weaker teams. Maybe not Miami if it’s their year for the first time since leaving the old big east. Running game was so awful that it is on McCord to carry the offense himself and not lose to shitty QBs. Both picks were late.

Allen is just so slow getting off the blocks. Still a good runner when he has momentum and is catching everything but he makes no one miss early on.

It’s not one game, this has been a recurring theme for this program for a long time. Everytime we think things are different, they’re not. -9.5 point favorites with national buzz on ESPN in primetime, chance to go 3-0 with 4-0 a formality to follow. And we get out coached, out hustled, outplayed.

It’s not one game, this has been a recurring theme for this program for a long time. Everytime we think things are different, they’re not. -9.5 point favorites with national buzz on ESPN in primetime, chance to go 3-0 with 4-0 a formality to follow. And we get out coached, out hustled, outplayed.
This♤

I think that is the most puzzling thing of all to me. I can’t find how many times he was targeted but it wasn’t enough. He has to get more than 2 receptions.
He was double teamed a lot.

I think that is the most puzzling thing of all to me. I can’t find how many times he was targeted but it wasn’t enough. He has to get more than 2 receptions.
He did have another drop.

Speaking of outhustled, did anyone else notice how slowly our d-line would come off the field? Trudging, head down, no hustle. Led to the defensive delay of game, which I haven't seen in forever.

At some point we need to start making waves and reach the playoffs or something. 7-5 etc. doesn't do much for me. People get too excited about just making a bowl game that 80 teams make.

College football is the only sport where a fanbase (outside of the blue blood schools) is happy to go 6-6 or 7-5 because there's something called a 'bowl game'. We need to start striving for something bigger. This is disappointing to have one of our best QBs ever and then lose to just an average team.

Speaking of outhustled, did anyone else notice how slowly our d-line would come off the field? Trudging, head down, no hustle. Led to the defensive delay of game, which I haven't seen in forever.
I’ve seen the delay of game on the defense called a few times this year in college ball.

The kind of venom people are posting is absurd. The team wasn't in sync tonight, Valerri got lost, cost us big time, he will get better, the interception was a bad play, Mc Cord threw some bad passes that we didn't see in the first two games, the roughing the QB another big mistake more points, it's seems that they forgot that we have a great running back, Laquint needs to be a bigger part of the game. In spite of that they fought back to get the lead, and just like the whole game we were a bit off. We will win a lot of games.

I believe we were more than just a bit off – to me, it looked like the entire time we were in a daze.

Villari couldn’t find his way through the Lincoln Tunnel – run your routes and then turn around and see the ball coming at you.

Holy crap! No pressure on their QB on 4&9 and their All World WR goes 1 on 1 instead of 2 against our DB.

Use your brains - this sucks!

It’s definitely not one game, it’s 20 years of being told this will be the year and then losing consistently after bye weeks and keeping teams in games that we shouldn’t. I’m not saying to fire Fran, he can be good in the future, but I am very irritated that this team struggles to be a good team and we have to say wait till next year, insert excuse for why we aren’t good now. We have some NFL caliber guys on the team now, we should expect more from this team.

This game was extremely disappointing and painful, but we aren’t doomed. If we play flat like this more often? Then we are doomed, so let’s hope this is a wake up call that they aren’t good enough to play their grade C game and win against most teams

Was this just "one of those games" or is it "houston, we 've got a problem"?
We were told we were going to outhit our opponents...Stanford comes to the dome and takes us behind the woodshed...
Two games of 3, we don't wake up until we're down to scores...slow starts= not ready to play.
Valari and Hatcher are not on the same page as McCord.
7 and Pena are the only dependable receivers it seems.
McCord couldn't recognize what Standford's D was doing pre-snap...seems QB coach and OC weren't alot of help.
When you look at the near collapse against GTECH and Stanford's 4th and 9 conversion, it almost looks like this team looks to find ways to lose.
OK IT'S ONLY 3 GAMES. But this team is not meeting the potential seemingly present on the roster.

This game was extremely disappointing and painful, but we aren’t doomed. If we play flat like this more often? Then we are doomed, so let’s hope this is a wake up call that they aren’t good enough to play their grade C game and win against most teams
Yes - I like the wake up call angle. Let’s see if they wake up this weekend

1727038357787.gif

I was so pissed on that play for 2 reasons, first he is a f
I believe we were more than just a bit off – to me, it looked like the entire time we were in a daze.

Villari couldn’t find his way through the Lincoln Tunnel – run your routes and then turn around and see the ball coming at you.

Holy crap! No pressure on their QB on 4&9 and their All World WR goes 1 on 1 instead of 2 against our DB.

Use your brains - this sucks!
ormer QB who should f know to and whento turn around and second his complete give upafter words made it way worse.

Not to nitpick but I really don’t think LQA is a great back. No disrespect, but I’m not sure he’s a strong point.
He’s like a donate strickland. Can plow straight ahead but no wiggle and no extra gear.

He just is average. Doesn’t really do one thing particularly well…
I think he catches the ball very well for a back. Made one hell of a catch right in front of me vs Ga Tech. That’s one play but I really don’t remember him making any drops either. He’s a not a great runner, I’ll agree with that.

To be fair it’s not just one game it is the same thing that has happened to this program year after year. Build some early season hype get, the fan base hopes up, get some positive media attention, and then lay an egg on national tv. People on this board getting tired of the same cycle is all.
Not this staff, it’s almost completely new, this has never happened before for them , I’ll give them a season to see where we are before I start jumping off any bandwagons.

I think he catches the ball very well for a back. Made one hell of a catch right in front of me vs Ga Tech. That’s one play but I really don’t remember him making any drops either. He’s a not a great runner, I’ll agree with that.
And that is what this team needs is a very good runner to get to the next level.
Allen is not getting drafted as a runner. He should make the NFL as a 3rd down back and part time receiver because he has great hands, but his speed and size will keep him from being an everydown
Player.

I usually need 24 hours to get over tough losses and I'm good. But this one is still consuming my brain. I wanted to be 4-0 going into UNLV so freaking bad, and get some real attention on Gameday.

<sigh>
I’m with ya. I usually get over losses before the clock hits 0:00. 48 hours later and I’m still pissed about this one. Like, really pissed.

And it’s because of what a garbage job the staff did getting the team ready to play. 9 months of yapping and “northeast tough” and they vommitted all over themselves.

We’re gonna have a tough game in Vegas. If we get thumped we’ll learn a lot about the staff, IMHO.

Not this staff, it’s almost completely new, this has never happened before for them , I’ll give them a season to see where we are before I start jumping off any bandwagons.
What’s worrying is that I don’t think this staff gets a mulligan season. They landed some recruits that SU never gets this offseason. But if we stumble and bumble our way to a 5 or 6 win season I think it’s unlikely they can pull more rabbits out of their hat.

Fran sold a vision of a resurgent SU. If that doesn’t happen, what’s he selling then?

The staff needs to get their act together right now, IMHO. They’re on a high wire and they can’t fall off again.

We're 1-1 vs Georgia Tech and Stanford IDK why people are acting like the sky is falling. After Holy Cross its all games like Friday until we end with Uconn and Miami. People really think we are going to lose most of them?

What sucks is that even if we have a good year and go 9-3 the same entitled babies are just going to cry about Stanford. It was an 8 point spread not 28.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom