Congrats to Storrs State University Center for people Who Can’t Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to Storrs State University Center for people Who Can’t Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would SU fans even care. They were never our rival in the Big East. It is like us trying to pretend that Duke or Carolina care about us even though we circle those games. I get that UCONN considered us their rival but they were never ours. By the way, they are a lot better than we are right now.

UUUUUGHHGHGHGHGHHGUGUHGHGHGHGHUGHUGHGHGHGHGHGUGUHGUGHHGHGGUHGUHG

Why would SU fans even care. They were never our rival in the Big East. It is like us trying to pretend that Duke or Carolina care about us even though we circle those games. I get that UCONN considered us their rival but they were never ours. By the way, they are a lot better than we are right now.
Wait what? They were easily our biggest rival from the mid-90s to the early 2010s. And probably are still our biggest rival even though we don't play them every year.

Wait what? They were easily our biggest rival from the mid-90s to the early 2010s. And probably are still our biggest rival even though we don't play them every year.

Yeah - not to mention to our most epic game ever played was against them in 2009 (6 OT barnburner BE tournament quarters when Devo stomped the scorer's table...)

Mike looks like a real hoops savant. He may want to pay attention to his fellow posters who were momentarily excited for what will likely be a top 5 guy in the portal.. until he immediately picked his home town squad.
“this Autry”? How do you not even know who a 4 year starter, all League player from one of your all time biggest rivals is?

If they are the biggest rival in your mind you may be too young to recall the epic wars with Georgetown. They should always be out biggest rival and yes, they still suck.

If they are the biggest rival in your mind you may be too young to recall the epic wars with Georgetown. They should always be out biggest rival and yes, they still suck.
Georgetown was unquestionably our biggest rival from the late 70s until about the Iverson era. But once John Thompson retired and they took a step back with Craig Esherick it became more UConn.

Georgetown was unquestionably our biggest rival from the late 70s until about the Iverson era. But once John Thompson retired and they took a step back with Craig Esherick it became more UConn.
It is an Era thing. As an undergrad old timers talked about Colgate Football games while we were trying to compete with Pitt and especially Penn State.

It is an Era thing. As an undergrad old timers talked about Colgate Football games while we were trying to compete with Pitt and especially Penn State.
I hear you and respect that, and not to belabor this, but you said UConn was “never our rival in the Big East.” It doesn’t matter what year you were born, that’s just not accurate.

I hear you and respect that, and not to belabor this, but you said UConn was “never our rival in the Big East.” It doesn’t matter what year you were born, that’s just not accurate.
Too me it is. I am not saying they were not our most competitive match up for a time. I live in CT and many of my friends think ofcSU as I think of the Hoyas. I laugh in their face and tell them we never cared about playing them like we care when Georgetown was the opponent. That match up was Red Sox v. Yankees, the UCONN games are like playing the Mets. It is interesting and regional but means very little to me.

Too me it is. I am not saying they were not our most competitive match up for a time. I live in CT and many of my friends think ofcSU as I think of the Hoyas. I laugh in their face and tell them we never cared about playing them like we care when Georgetown was the opponent. That match up was Red Sox v. Yankees, the UCONN games are like playing the Mets. It is interesting and regional but means very little to me.

So it’s not a rivalry…to you.

I mean, fair.

I think though that for fans of a certain age who became interested in SU in the mid to late nineties while Georgetown was always a big game UConn was just as big…if not bigger.

1679509930583.png

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

1679510024963.png

Finger Lake State

For all that talk about how bad a school SU is* and how everyone who graduates from there is a dumb they seem to struggle with simple cognitive tasks like constructing a basic insult.

*Jokes on them I’m a LeMoyne grad

View attachment 226264

Finger Lake State

For all that talk about how bad a school SU is* and how everyone who graduates from there is a dumb they seem to struggle with simple cognitive tasks like constructing a basic insult.

*Jokes on them I’m a LeMoyne grad

Regardless of what you think of JAB, I think they better have a hard look in the mirror as to who has the "biggest doosher of a coach in D1"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom