Congrats to the Orange for making the tourney | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to the Orange for making the tourney

GoSU96

Living Legend
during a transition year.

Skewed schedule with more away and neutral games than home games, and as difficult as ever.

Kids got better, adjustments were made.

They might not make it out of next weekend, but nice recovery none the less.

Skewed schedule with more away and neutral games than home games, and as difficult as ever.

Agreed. This team has warts, no doubt about it. But the adjustment and improvements that were made in the last few weeks are certainly impressive. Tells me that JD has not lost the team in any way.

It's heartwarming to see the board acknowledge a positive thought in such an overwhelming manner.

What's the saying, "if you have nothing good to say it's better to say nothing at all". This place is the exact opposite.

It's heartwarming to see the board acknowledge a positive thought in such an overwhelming manner.

What's the saying, "if you have nothing good to say it's better to say nothing at all". This place is the exact opposite.

People made postive comments in several other threads including the St. Johns and Nova game posts. Most like me assumed once we were able to get past Nova that there was a pretty good chance we could get by St. Johns (they got beyond lucky beating ND). I think most have acknowledged that Wardwell and Eilers have really stepped up and taken this team to a new level but were talkign about Syracuse here not Hobart we expect to make the NCAA tourney. As Quint said we avoided a nightmare season now lets see what we can do with a clean slate.

I was amazed at how well they played - credit the players and the coaches. But, as I said elsewhere, we're talking Villanova & St. Johns here, not the iron of college lacrosse. That being said, I have to admit to drooling into my keyboard over the Dookie match-up.

The biggest difference to me has been getting the turnover together. The games have been night and day different in terms of sloppy play vs clean play. We didn't see any lazy passes and stupid forces.

They've moved well off the ball. The man up has decided to move the ball through the air.

Kids mixed it up on ground balls and have generally played harder and with a sense of urgency.

But lets also be honest with who the competition was; Villanova and St Johns.

I'm am VERY excited for this Duke game though.

i was working and missed the BE tourney entirely (and yes i was opposed to joining) but to think it probably saved our arse. regardless truly a tremendous team effort to qualify and hopefully a corner is turned and a final four perhaps is in reach.big recruiting disaster dodged and i'm all in. STICK IT TO EM.

what is a transition year in su lax? did anyone expect a .500 record and the 14th seed in the ncaa and almost not even making the ncaa's? what were we ranked pre-season?

what is a transition year in su lax? did anyone expect a .500 record and the 14th seed in the ncaa and almost not even making the ncaa's? what were we ranked pre-season?

The only surprising outcomes were Nova and Gtown. Most people knew it was going to be a grind from the get go. 7AA's, many four year starters = transition year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom