Congrats to UAlbany (Tee's alma mater) for beating Stony Brook. Next up those Vermonsters | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to UAlbany (Tee's alma mater) for beating Stony Brook. Next up those Vermonsters

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
on Saturday to punch a ticket. Definitely will be a tough game. Not only is Vermont really good (for an American East team) but playing in the home court will be a huge advantage. Those libs up there can be very vocal.

Really tough to beat a team 3 times in one season, but the UVM squad is deep and plays tough defense. I'm hoping they cap their perfect season with a conference tourney title on Saturday.

Vermont is similar to Pitt in that I'd be happy if they lost every game. I didn't feel this way until recently when that imbecile Tom Brennan came back on my radar because he is co-host of a show on XM radio. This guy is the most intolerable fool in the world and he still very much cannot get past his Vermont past. Lot of "we" and "us" and homer stat farming in favor of VT during the show. Yesterday they were talking Syracuse and he makes some comment about Boeheim/SU along the lines of guy A says: "all the Syracuse haters can come back out" and Brennan says "that guy and that program made me a lot of money." What a complete dirtbag. Has there ever been a coach get more mileage out of one win in the history sports? Especially when his amazing coaching prowess led a guy to jack an early shot clock 34 footer. Amazing work TB. You are the man. If Hopkins has that kind of coaching skill, we'll win 12 natty's in a row...

Vermont is similar to Pitt in that I'd be happy if they lost every game. I didn't feel this way until recently when that imbecile Tom Brennan came back on my radar because he is co-host of a show on XM radio. This guy is the most intolerable fool in the world and he still very much cannot get past his Vermont past. Lot of "we" and "us" and homer stat farming in favor of VT during the show. Yesterday they were talking Syracuse and he makes some comment about Boeheim/SU along the lines of guy A says: "all the Syracuse haters can come back out" and Brennan says "that guy and that program made me a lot of money." What a complete dirtbag. Has there ever been a coach get more mileage out of one win in the history sports? Especially when his amazing coaching prowess led a guy to jack an early shot clock 34 footer. Amazing work TB. You are the man. If Hopkins has that kind of coaching skill, we'll win 12 natty's in a row...
Tom Brennan is my top 5 people I legitimately hate in sports.

He is a insufferable arrogant douchenozzle.

He's loud and a bit obnoxious, but he's a good guy.
B9320755565Z.1_20160201224854_000_GCADB6P27.1-0.jpg

Brennan, Speidel strike up relationship

I wonder what would have happened with this team if Speidel hadn't gotten into that wreck.

I'm actually on the baseball team at UAlbany right now and watched the Vermont game at home and they definitely are tough team to match up with for the Danes. Hopefully they can pull it off !
I have a lot of questions if you can entertain me! It's been a long while.
  • Is WTs still the cool senior bar?
  • Do people still go to Long Branch, the Branch etc? Peabody's? Michael's? Bogarts's for cover bands?
  • How about Mild Wally's for wings?
  • Do you know what a Sovrano's cold cheese slice is? If they are still around, best drunk slice there ever was.
It's funny. I suspect you will have only heard of 20% of my ramble. :)

For context, I think I lived on Myrtle junior year, around the corner from Madison Ave and Michael's. Senior year, Quail, very close to the Post and T's (Washington Tavern). We were literally next door to a bodega that sold "loosies" or individual cigarettes. Ah, good times.

Shout out to Ridgefield Park and that UFO we saw that night. ;)

• Do people still go to Long Branch, the Branch etc? Peabody's? Michael's? Bogarts's for cover bands?
  • Do you know what a Sovrano's cold cheese slice is? If they are still around, best drunk slice there ever was.

I'm actually curious about this as well, and that's not a ramble, brother!

...I always got a kick out of a wing place with Mild in its name, I didn't become like I am overnight.

Almost time for party in the park, and tulip festival! Great time of year in the capital District baby. Go Danes!

I still ask myself whiskey tango fox trot happened in that game? SU had far superior personnel, never should have let them stay close, let alone win it. SMH

I still ask myself whiskey tango fox trot happened in that game? SU had far superior personnel, never should have let them stay close, let alone win it. SMH
We let them dictate tempo.
We never made them speed the game up. Hak had 10 turnovers and we didn't make normal shots.
I am still pissed at the ref for calling a technical on Terrence Roberts for dunking. He didn't hang on the rim he had a guy under him and was called for a T.
That Vermont game was the most boring game I have ever seen live. We let them pound the air out of the ball and we lost a fluke 3. Brennan acted like he won the NC. 13 seeds beat 4 seeds it wasn't the top upset that freaking night.
14 seed Bucknell beat 3 seed Kansas but because Brennan is a loud mouth douchenozzle and ESPN hired him he made money off that win.
He acts as if that was a 16 over 1 upset.

Ok let's see..
- WTs is still a big place to go
- Not exactly sure I've heard of Long branch
- For the drunk slice it usually is Paesan's now I believe

That's about all I got for ya

I'm actually curious about this as well, and that's not a ramble, brother!

...I always got a kick out of a wing place with Mild in its name, I didn't become like I am overnight.
Not sure if they are around anymore but great subs too. You would not believe how many hundreds of wing flavors they had. It was insane.

If that was only 20%, I'm guessing The Post may have been in the other 80% somewhere. To be well rounded, it helps to have a good Post game. http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/n...ng-sold-that-housed-the-lamp-post-bar-in.html

If that was only 20%, I'm guessing The Post may have been in the other 80% somewhere. To be well rounded, it helps to have a good Post game. http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/n...ng-sold-that-housed-the-lamp-post-bar-in.html
Great meat market. Adorable, hottie lareux kinda girl tried to lick my face one time instead of the good stuff. No kidding. A lick. No kiss. It was weird. It was funny. I never held it against her, just wish I didn't muck it up by not following through with my own lick. But she was insanely hammered. #truestory