Congratulations Dwight Freeney | Syracusefan.com

Congratulations Dwight Freeney

So freakin’ deserved. Guy was a monster at SU, and was an all-time pro.

Would love to see the NFL film where they go to his house and we can see his reaction. Love those

Sweet! One of my all time favorites.

Didn't wait nearly as long as someone on here claimed he'd have to.
I admit I was one of those that thought he'd have to wait a bit longer based on some comments I read from voters over the years, not that I necessarily agreed. But this is awesome to add to the list of SU alums in Canton! Congrats Dwight!

Schools with the most Pro Football HOF members (I have updated the list myself because apparently updating their website for 7 new members more than 12 hours after the new class was announced is much too daunting a task for the HOF :rolleyes:):

Notre Dame (14)
Southern California (14)
Michigan (11)
Ohio State (11)
Miami - Florida (11)
Pittsburgh (10)
Syracuse (9)
Alabama (8)
Minnesota (7)
Illinois (6)

Suck it, Alabama!

Schools with the most Pro Football HOF members (I have updated the list myself because apparently updating their website for 7 new members more than 12 hours after the new class was announced is much too daunting a task for the HOF :rolleyes:):

Notre Dame (14)
Southern California (14)
Michigan (11)
Ohio State (11)
Miami - Florida (11)
Pittsburgh (10)
Syracuse (9)
Alabama (8)
Minnesota (7)
Illinois (6)

Suck it, Alabama!
Thanks for doing that research. Saved me a lot of time updating my signature!

Dwight deserves it - that said this Hall let's way too many people in each year.

Glad Dwight got in as well. I’d actually argue I think it is about right in terms of numbers let in. Basketball is where there are too many let in.

There are greats that struggle to get into the NFL hall of fame. Even now it seems like one of Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, or Steve Smith might get left out. Jared Allen got leapfrogged by Dwight to get in, which some disagree with if you’re going by strictly numbers. Adam Vaniatari is still waiting. Antonio Gates somehow didn’t get first ballot. Roger Craig is on the 1980’s all decade team and isn’t in. Eric Allen didn’t make it. I think the NFL generally does a good job getting their best players in and there aren’t too many headscratchers for guys who get in.

Last edited:

Notre Dame (14)
Southern California (14)
Michigan (11)
Ohio State (11)
Miami - Florida (11)
Pittsburgh (10)
Syracuse (9)
Alabama (8)
Minnesota (7)
Illinois (6)

Suck it, Alabama!
Love it!! This should be awesome for recruiting.

Notre Dame (14)
Southern California (14)
Michigan (11)
Ohio State (11)
Miami - Florida (11)
Pittsburgh (10)
Syracuse (9)
Alabama (8)
Minnesota (7)
Illinois (6)

Suck it, Alabama!
How many did Miami have 10-15 years ago? It seems like they've made a big jump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom