Congratulations Dwight Freeney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Congratulations Dwight Freeney

IMG_2985.jpeg

I get Hester was great at it, but Kick and Punt returners getting in the HOF is a joke to me. They impact the game the least amount of plays out of any player. I'd rather see a kicker get in.

I'm slightly torn on this too. Hester was the best to ever do it, so I'm OK with him getting in. I'm also of the believe more kickers and punters should be in the HOF. If you're the best kicker of your generation, you're deserving. Sure, you're not impacting the game like a QB, RB, WR etc. et., but you're doing your job at the very highest level. I think that should be rewarded.

Class of 2024 HOF.
Love it! Loved watching him throughout his career. At the height of his career at SU, I was 20 something and still playing 2 hand touch football w work colleagues. We did this at lunch. Such a hoot. Anyway, my colleagues weren't athletic and didn't play in HE. I'd pretend to be Dwight Freeney. Line up like him, and come in like a bat out of hell.

Glad Dwight got in as well. I’d actually argue I think it is about right in terms of numbers let in. Basketball is where there are too many let in.

There are greats that struggle to get into the NFL hall of fame. Even now it seems like one of Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, or Steve Smith might get left out. Jared Allen got leapfrogged by Dwight to get in, which some disagree with if you’re going by strictly numbers. Adam Vaniatari is still waiting. Antonio Gates somehow didn’t get first ballot. Roger Craig is on the 1980’s all decade team and isn’t in. Eric Allen didn’t make it. I think the NFL generally does a good job getting their best players in and there aren’t too many headscratchers for guys who get in.
Pro football HOF vs. Basketball HOF is apples to oranges.

Canton is basically just for the NFL.

Springfield is for NBA, college, high school, international, not to mention women.

I'm slightly torn on this too. Hester was the best to ever do it, so I'm OK with him getting in. I'm also of the believe more kickers and punters should be in the HOF. If you're the best kicker of your generation, you're deserving. Sure, you're not impacting the game like a QB, RB, WR etc. et., but you're doing your job at the very highest level. I think that should be rewarded.
The HOF has to be a reflection of the game as it was played at the time. Kickers absolutely impact the game. (Just ask Buffalo.)

Vinaturi is on the Ballot next yr.. All time leading pts.. Wasnt Anderson the same when he retired.. But Adam has the extra big kick attempts. And Gary is still #3 all time in pts
In my mind Vinatieri and Gary Anderson are next up. Groza, Blanda, and Morton Anderson are in. I probably missed some. Would be awesome to get Gary Anderson in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom