Connolly ACC preview | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Connolly ACC preview

I dont need to see those 2 OOC wins to make me feel better about last season. I totally understand what happened and know the difference between G rob teams and Dino teams. The true fans know we werent a real 1-10 team but the outside world just sees 1-10. They dont follow Cuse football the way we do. There is no way I can avoid typing 1-10. That was our record lol. We cant get sensitive when we see it.

But you missed the point of why I mentioned the record. 5-7 and 1-10 shows that we DID NOT develop the team enough to sustain. 2019 should have not been a 5 win team. If we had better depth and development at O line, QB and Wr positions we wouldnt have been historically bad and at least decent last year. The good thing is Dino knows this and he has made the necessary changes. Im hoping to see good results the next few years.
I didn’t miss the point. I’m with you on most of it. But you know as well as anyone if QB1 goes down and you have significant injuries on your OL and your top 2-3 RB are injured or opt out… and your schedule is either all in conference or ranked - that’s a tough ask. And I didn’t even mention BLM summer or Covid.

There are fans (not you or me) who see the 10 losses and see Dino as Gerg. It’s zero sum thinking and I pushed back against it. I’m not arguing it was a good result, just that it deserves its own special category in history of Syracuse sports.

I didn’t miss the point. I’m with you on most of it. But you know as well as anyone if QB1 goes down and you have significant injuries on your OL and your top 2-3 RB are injured or opt out… and your schedule is either all in conference or ranked - that’s a tough ask. And I didn’t even mention BLM summer or Covid.

There are fans (not you or me) who see the 10 losses and see Dino as Gerg. It’s zero sum thinking and I pushed back against it. I’m not arguing it was a good result, just that it deserves its own special category in history of Syracuse sports.
I agree, I do think some people see the 2020 season like the G rob years but the large majority knows the reasons why things went the way they did. Of course a struggling program was going to suffer more from a pandemic season. There will always be various levels of optimism. I cant blame people for feeling the way they feel. Cuse football has been rough for a long time. The product on the field will have to change peoples minds not you and I.

When ever we look back at 2020 we are going remember the pandemic, injuries, opt outs, transition of new coaches. We cant avoid saying 1-10. It is what it is. We cant ignore Dino's inability to develop the underbelly of the team in the 5 years he's been here. We would have beat BC, NC St, Liberty if we had better depth. Probably could include Pitt too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom