Connolly ACC preview | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Connolly ACC preview

And then we have tweets like this that make me say, "why can't we win a whole lot of games this year?"

I'm with Brent Axe. Take the over all day
Because the offense has been so bad. Whether it’s play calling, Oline play, the qb the offense has been horrible the last two years. When dB first came the o could put up a lot of points and the d struggled. Now it is the opposite. I’m really hoping Schmidt makes a difference and a qb steps up to allow us to score. Gilbert’s play calling is still a question mark.

Its not surprising we have a lot of QB hits and interceptions. Our defense is on the field 3/4 of the game.

I mean you aren’t wrong

But it’s also important to note that our defense has steadily been getting better.

now we need Dino who is supposedly an offensive guy to figure out his stuff on that side of the ball and maybe we start seeing some things happen……I hope..

I mean you aren’t wrong

But it’s also important to note that our defense has steadily been getting better.

now we need Dino who is supposedly an offensive guy to figure out his stuff on that side of the ball and maybe we start seeing some things happen……I hope..

we have some legitimate studs on defense. Mikel, Jahad, Garrett, Marlowe and Thompson to name just a few. My worry is that like past talented players on D since 2016, they’ll be worn down and fatigued due to our offenses inability to stay on the field and sustain drives. That’s on Dino

We have some good players (especially on D), but how many of our 22 start for our opponents? Factor in individual feelings on Game Day Dino and staff decisions....I hope for the best but expect 3-5 wins.

we have some legitimate studs on defense. Mikel, Jahad, Garrett, Marlowe and Thompson to name just a few. My worry is that like past talented players on D since 2016, they’ll be worn down and fatigued due to our offenses inability to stay on the field and sustain drives. That’s on Dino

100%

I don’t think it’s outrageous to say Dino’s coaching for his job vs Ohio. Which is depressing but he got himself there.

If we lose September 4th, we probably see a half or less filled dome all year aside from Rutgers and Clemson

What would you consider to be "success" with close to 50 freshman and fewer than a dozen seniors on the roster?

We changed our defensive scheme when we hired White as our DC a year ago and our personnel isn't set for the 3-3-5. It takes time to build a roster to fit a scheme.

In 2020 we went into the season with two new coordinators and no spring football to teach those systems

What would you consider to be "success" with close to 50 freshman and fewer than a dozen seniors on the roster?

We changed our defensive scheme when we hired White as our DC a year ago and our personnel isn't set for the 3-3-5. It takes time to build a roster to fit a scheme.

In 2020 we went into the season with two new coordinators and no spring football to teach those systems
Dino’s been here for several years. Successful would be experienced depth, a functioning offense and a functioning defense. We have maybe 1 of those.

We are definitely on the young side, but those are Covid blip numbers.

We did this math a few weeks ago. The team has far more experienced players (meaning 3 or more years in the program) than the roster designations let on. Youth is not an excuse.

That's a 1-10 team excuse.
I'd say it's likely to be found on poor teams, sure. That's what contributes to being crappy. It's what happens when the D plays too much. The more bites at the apple the more big plays.

I'm not sure how it's an excuse - more like an explanation?

We did this math a few weeks ago. The team has far more experienced players (meaning 3 or more years in the program) than the roster designations let on. Youth is not an excuse.
Did that include playing time or just "on the roster"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom