Considering how well Broyld is doing at Milford it it possible that Kinder may switch to the second | Syracusefan.com

Considering how well Broyld is doing at Milford it it possible that Kinder may switch to the second

CaliCuse

All American
secondary? I have no idea what kind of speed he has but its pretty sure he isn't going to play QB at Syracuse. I'd hate for Terrel to be given up as next year's backup QB I like the kid and he has had a tough life losing his parents. I know that can't and will not put him on the field without the necessary talent to help win games but I'm rooting for him nonetheless. If Kinder can help ,terrific and if Hunt is willing to make a change and has the talent then good for both of them. Clearly unless something terrible happens Nassib will be the starter in 2012. I doubt he goes pro after this year.

I wouldn't write off any of the young QBs, but Kinder was a very good safety during his senior year.

Kinder, broyld, hunt, IMO are all too athletic not to see the field at some point at some position at syracuse. With loeb as a viable back up, one of those 3 will replace nassib, IMO. The other two, will switch positions provided that we can get a solid qb this year and that miller comes back

Hopefully we get up enough see extended C Loeb time at some point this season.

I was expecting to see him during the URI game... That didn't work out so well though. I don't think he will see playing time this year now. Unless Nassib get's injured. (knocks on wood)

I think it would benefit Kinder to switch at this point. Also Loeb will never be the starter at Syracuse, and if he is that's a problem because at most he starts for what, a single year?

I have no problem with Loeb being a one year starter if he's the best option.

I have no problem with Loeb being a one year starter if he's the best option.

Not worth it, would rather take Hunt or Broyld or whoever and start them so they're better down the line.

I think it would benefit Kinder to switch at this point. Also Loeb will never be the starter at Syracuse, and if he is that's a problem because at most he starts for what, a single year?

You are sure that Loeb will never start?

You are sure that Loeb will never start?

I didn't say I'm sure he'll NEVER start, I can't predict the future. I'm saying that after Nassib leaves, if its between having Loeb start for a single, lame duck season, over starting a Sophomore Hunt or a Freshman Broyld, I'd rather go with Hunt or Broyld unless we're in a position to make the BCS because the rest of the pieces are in place.

Not worth it, would rather take Hunt or Broyld or whoever and start them so they're better down the line.

If Leob is starting he is significantly better than a younger player at that position at the time. Any coach would go to the younger guy if they are close to being equal.

secondary? I have no idea what kind of speed he has but its pretty sure he isn't going to play QB at Syracuse. I'd hate for Terrel to be given up as next year's backup QB I like the kid and he has had a tough life losing his parents. I know that can't and will not put him on the field without the necessary talent to help win games but I'm rooting for him nonetheless. If Kinder can help ,terrific and if Hunt is willing to make a change and has the talent then good for both of them. Clearly unless something terrible happens Nassib will be the starter in 2012. I doubt he goes pro after this year.

I was thinking the samething about Hunt for the rest of the year. Kid has excellent size and played safety. Recruited by PSU as an athlete, BC and UConn at WR.

If Leob is starting he is significantly better than a younger player at that position at the time. Any coach would go to the younger guy if they are close to being equal.

Only if significantly better=Him starting is the difference between BCS and not BCS, or Bowl or No Bowl would I be alright with it. If the pieces of there to be a bowl team, but not a BCS team even with Loeb starting, start the young kid(s)

I was thinking the samething about Hunt for the rest of the year. Kid has excellent size and played safety. Recruited by PSU as an athlete, BC and UConn at WR.

Kid passes the look test big time... however Hunt may have been told he will have every shot prior to switching positions which Broyld may have been too, whcih U am fine with but we can't have great athletes not playing somewhere

Kid passes the look test big time... however Hunt may have been told he will have every shot prior to switching positions which Broyld may have been too, whcih U am fine with but we can't have great athletes not playing somewhere

I think given Eskridge's limbo status and issues with safety depth you tell the kid we need you here now, but in the spring it's back to QB. There are still 9 games left to play. He can redshirt next year, because he isn't going to play ahead of Nassib and Loeb next year.

I think given Eskridge's limbo status and issues with safety depth you tell the kid we need you here now, but in the spring it's back to QB. There are still 9 games left to play. He can redshirt next year, because he isn't going to play ahead of Nassib and Loeb next year.
Great point. Eskridge and Hunt would be a great pair, IMO after the Thomas brothers

Good point, how's that going for Eskridge?

Might be easier to evaluate Broyld and Hunt in the spring as well.. He's probably running scout team, this is where you wish Miller was at least practicing, although they do have Edsall

Good post, Cali. It's a good problem to have a lot of athletes.

I'd like to see Broyld actually make it to campus before we start talking about switching promising young athletes like Kinder and Hunt to safety.

I'd like to see Broyld actually make it to campus before we start talking about switching promising young athletes like Kinder and Hunt to safety.
OK I'll accept that as a first step. Once he does,however, the QB position is wrapped up unless we manage to bring in another top prospect lile Milan Collins or a comparable talent. May it happens and maybe it doesn't. I do think that Loeb is a non factor. for his career. I hope he and we don't have find out what he can or can't do on the field for real.;)

OK I'll accept that as a first step. Once he does,however, the QB position is wrapped up unless we manage to bring in another top prospect lile Milan Collins or a comparable talent. May it happens and maybe it doesn't. I do think that Loeb is a non factor. for his career. I hope he and we don't have find out what he can or can't do on the field for real.;)

There is no guarantee that he will end up at QB here. In fact, he barely played in Milford's last game.

There is no guarantee that he will end up at QB here. In fact, he barely played in Milford's last game.
Um, yeah, that's how it works at Milford. The most pass attempts you'll ever see someone get there is like 8. They have 3 other QB's to give playing time to.

Um, yeah, that's how it works at Milford. The most pass attempts you'll ever see someone get there is like 8. They have 3 other QB's to give playing time to.

Yea, that's how it works. They have 3 QB's and 1 hardly plays at all. Ashton pretty much splits time with 1 other kid. But what concerns me is the number of pass attempts Ashton has made has steadily been decreasing and he has only thrown 8 in the past 3 games, while the other kid throws a lot more compared to the run. Ashton runs the ball more than he passes. Like I said, he'll get a shot here, but there is no guarantee he ends up at QB and I hope people don't look at him as the savior from Day 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom