Cooney Is Redshirting..Just Heard.* | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cooney Is Redshirting..Just Heard.*

Good move. This kid is going to very good. Rather have him as a 4-year contributor than have him play a few meaningless minutes this season.

Maybe not so fast according to Donna D:
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2011/11/dion_waiters_makes_a_determine.html

"No word on whether Trevor Cooney will redshirt. Cooney, the 6-4 shooter from Wilmington, Del., did not play in Saturday’s game and was not in the locker room when reporters were allowed entrance. “We’re close,” Boeheim said about a decision. If Cooney plays, he forfeits his chance to redshirt."

He was out on the court when the students got let in just before 2. He was working with G-Mac and Resavy, and didn't miss a shot for the first 15 or so minutes of his session. It was unreal.

glad to hear. This will be huge down the road. Cant wait to have him for 4 more years.

That's going to be great for him and for the team ... with that we will continue to be loaded for the next two-three years. Rak will be back, as will Fab, Keita, and CJ ... Grant comes in with Coleman. Of course Southerland will be back. BT, MCW, and TC and, of course, Mook. I think that if Dion keeps playing like he has been he could be one we lose ... if there is an NBA

I like it. As great of a shooter as he seems to be, I got the impression that his D (pretty typical for a freshman) was going to keep him off of the court, and there's no reason to waste a year. Scoop leaves after this year, and with seemingly no guards coming in next year he'll get time then. Then, who knows, if Dion keeps improving he might jump after his junior year, and then Cooney starts as a RS sophomore.

Per Wilford Brimley, "Its the right thing to do and the tasty way to do it..."

I couldnt agree more..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom