Cooney not ready | Syracusefan.com

Cooney not ready

Cuse4

Scout Team
Needs another year til he'll be able to contribute... can't even really afford to have him out there unless the game is in hand... I realize Triche had a bad game, but at least we know he is capable. Cooney can't do much of anything. Does anyone have any confidence when he's out there?

He played poorly tonight but I think there is hope for Trevor. He wasn't the only one that choked tonight, I was pretty worried for awhile.

Coleman isn't ready for the Big East, his defense is non-existent right now. He will be here at least 2 years if not longer, right now without another big game by southerland, we would have 2 losses.

what did he do wrong tonight that said he was not ready. triche and williams made way more stupid plays. all i saw him do was miss his shots and dribble off his ft once,

He looks very unripened...but, minutes this year will pay dividends next year. He is going to have to play 8 mins per game...there's no two ways about it.

Two things:

1) Every time you have the ball and are going full speed, you don't HAVE to drive to the hole and get rejected.
2) Every time you are somewhat open, you don't HAVE to take a 25 footer.

Relax and take your time TC! Move the ball...

Scary to think what the team would look like if Triche or MCW came down an injury.

what did he do wrong tonight that said he was not ready. triche and williams made way more stupid plays. all i saw him do was miss his shots and dribble off his ft once,
What can he do?? Can't dribble, can't shoot.

What can he do?? Can't dribble, can't shoot.

That's not a very good assessment of his skill set.

He's green--I'll grant you that. But apparently you haven't been paying attention to his performances the last few games.

And of all the things to complain about in tonight's lackluster performance, Cooney would be pretty far down the list.

Coleman isn't ready for the Big East, his defense is non-existent right now. He will be here at least 2 years if not longer, right now without another big game by southerland, we would have 2 losses.
I actually thought Coleman had his moments tonight, especially in the first half. And I've really been anti-Coleman thus far. Not so sure he can't contribute at some point this year.

Yes. He plays good defense even when not scoring.

He's active..but if he flails and reaches like that in B.E. play...he will get called for quite a few fouls. Defense is at least 60% about effort..and he certainly gives us that.

Detroit has high level guards. McCallum is a lottery pick. We may not see a backcourt like that again until the NCAAs. Even MCW struggled against them. Cooney will be fine. He just needs that GMac, Rautins pull up for when guys play him tight.

This is a game where we needed someone like AO who could dominate the middle. Coleman needs to dominate teams like this and make them pay for playing the perimeter.

That's not a very good assessment of his skill set.

He's green--I'll grant you that. But apparently you haven't been paying attention to his performances the last few games.

And of all the things to complain about in tonight's lackluster performance, Cooney would be pretty far down the list.
Of course I have been watching... I'd love to see him fit in and be able and contribute, but let's be honest, the only time he belongs on the court is vs Monmouth, Emich or in any other blowout.

Of course I have been watching... I'd love to see him fit in and be able and contribute, but let's be honest, the only time he belongs on the court is vs Monmouth, Emich or in any other blowout.

Let's REALLY be honest: with only three scholarship guards on the roster, he is going to play every game, and the team is going to rely upon him to be productive.

He's seeing his first game action, so there is no doubt that there will be inconsistency. But if your assessment is that he doesn't belong and he hasn't shown skill--again, I'm not sure what you've been watching the last few games. He's going to gain important game experience this year, and be a very, very good player for us over his final three seasons. Maybe even a three year starter. I just don't agree with your assessment of his potential.

premature assessment. The kid is 9 games in to his first year playing college ball. Now he did red shirt last year but he is activeon defense and we know he has a shot. Let's give him time.

I actually thought Coleman had his moments tonight, especially in the first half. And I've really been anti-Coleman thus far. Not so sure he can't contribute at some point this year.

He cannot finish in traffic. He just chucks it up hoping for a foul call. With that body, he should be able to create a lot more space down low for his shot (think Sully).

I'm more disappointed in Triche and CJ than anyone else. They seem very unfocused. Triche's free throws is an indication of that. His court sense is all out of wack. CJ just seems lazy.

I was pretty worried for awhile.

I feel like I'm usually as pessimistic as any fan, but I never felt concerned tonight. This team won't lose a What game, I just cannot see it happening. This isn't the same program it was 5 years ago.

Let's REALLY be honest: with only three scholarship guards on the roster, he is going to play every game, and the team is going to rely upon him to be productive.

He's seeing his first game action, so there is no doubt that there will be inconsistency. But if your assessment is that he doesn't belong and he hasn't shown skill--again, I'm not sure what you've been watching the last few games. He's going to gain important game experience this year, and be a very, very good player for us over his final three seasons. Maybe even a three year starter. I just don't agree with your assessment of his potential.
Would take James at the 2 in a heartbeat over Cooney

He's still unsure on O but I love what I see from him on D.

Cooney deserved way more run tonight with Triche's What game

Cooney is ready. He took one ill-advised shot (rushed a three on a break). I was marveling at his footwork on defense. He stays in front of guards trying to penetrate. He is a bull fighting through screens. Cooney is ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom