Cordell Hudson Transferring to MTSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cordell Hudson Transferring to MTSU

There are a couple onsides kick decisions that come to mind.

And at least one field goal that was passed up.

To be clear, I'm down with giving Dino five years right now.

But let's not treat him as though he's beyond criticism.

I’m not treating him that way. I’m with you on some of those. I guess I just see Shafer’s “in the moment” calls as mostly horrible.

Babers at least has a defendable position on a lot of his calls, even if you disagree. SS had a bunch of “there is no way that was a good call” calls.

I’m not treating him that way. I’m with you on some of those. I guess I just see Shafer’s “in the moment” calls as mostly horrible.

Babers at least has a defendable position on a lot of his calls, even if you disagree. SS had a bunch of “there is no way that was a good call” calls.

Yeah, as I said Shafe was horrible

I see Dino as a big-picture visionary and he wouldn't be the first of that type to struggle with the narrower decisions.

My question about how we might help him in that regard was sincere.

Yeah, as I said Shafe was horrible

I see Dino as a big-picture visionary and he wouldn't be the first of that type to struggle with the narrower decisions.

My question about how we might help him in that regard was sincere.

I’m saying the two are not equal. At all.

I think Dino is unconventional and sometimes that looks off to people who watch a lot of football. He uses math which weirds old school types out. Going for it on 4th down kept us in a lot of games; some would fine that crazy...

I also think coaches can get better at this stuff.

I’m saying the two are not equal. At all.

I think Dino is unconventional and sometimes that looks off to people who watch a lot of football. He uses math which weirds old school types out. Going for it on 4th down kept us in a lot of games; some would fine that crazy...

I also think coaches can get better at this stuff.

Coaches can get better, but I'll hold to my statement that Dino and Shafe share a weakness in making in-game decisions.

The real difference is that Dino has huge upside in other areas.

Random fun fact:

My father & I share a rather unique sense of humor & love for movie references. Every time Cordell made a play we'd both yell "Cordell!!" in the voice of Mason Verger (Gary Oldman) yelling at his caretaker Cordell Doemling in the movie Hannibal.

Thanks for the memories & best of luck, Mr. Hudson.
Ha. I do the same thing.

Not the first, won’t be the last.

Hope he’s able to find a place to play his last year. I’m sure he’ll have plenty of FCS options.

Coaches can get better, but I'll hold to my statement that Dino and Shafe share a weakness in making in-game decisions.

The real difference is that Dino has huge upside in other areas.

I think it’s a faulty premise, but everyone is entitled to their read on things.

He’s pulled more games out that he had no reason to, than bad in-game decisions. I think it probably is a net positive.

Was Hudson hurt earlier in the year? He only played in 4 games (specials I think) and they were the last 4 games. Didn’t appear at all in the first 8.

Was Hudson hurt earlier in the year? He only played in 4 games (specials I think) and they were the last 4 games. Didn’t appear at all in the first 8.

Not on any of the injury reports.

Not even listed on the 2 deep.

No, that Shafer wanted to win with underdogs, and that's why there wasn't a match between how he wanted to run a program and what we need as a P5 conference member.
Gotcha. My confusion stemmed from thinking you were refering to DB. That the longer he stays, the more you think he isn't a match for our fanbase. I read it completely wrong.

Gotcha. My confusion stemmed from thinking you were refering to DB. That the longer he stays, the more you think he isn't a match for our fanbase. I read it completely wrong.
Oh, not at all. I think Babers is as good a fit as we can dream of.

Oh, not at all. I think Babers is as good a fit as we can dream of.
Agreed. I was reading it as you commenting about how some of our fans could be souring on him. I was gonna respond that we just need to ignore them because they'll change their tune when we start winning. Now that I know what you were saying, we're on the same page on this one.

Agreed. I was reading it as you commenting about how some of our fans could be souring on him. I was gonna respond that we just need to ignore them because they'll change their tune when we start winning. Now that I know what you were saying, we're on the same page on this one.
Yeah, fans are gonna sour because we're citrus anyway.

It's just a matter of time before Babers leads us to a breakthrough. It sure looked like we were going to take a big step forward this season... didn't happen.

Stinks that we ran out of gas. I know some people think that's an excuse, but the team we saw at the end was not the team we saw for 75% of the season. I think the 75% is more true to what kind of team we were.

He’ll have a better opportunity to earn playing time there. Good choice.

There are a couple onsides kick decisions that come to mind.

And at least one field goal that was passed up.

To be clear, I'm down with giving Dino five years right now.

But let's not treat him as though he's beyond criticism.
So, by your logic,
doing what you would do = good in - game coach and,
not doing what you would do = bad in - game coach.

I just want to make sure I understand your benchmarks.
For years people have complained that our head coaches were way too conservative. Now we have a coach who goes for it on fourth down a lot, eschews fg tries from a spotty kicker and goes for onside kicks near the end of games when the defense was gassed and people are saying he's a bad in- game coach. What's the word I'm thinking of ? Oh yeah, fickle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom