Cordell Hudson Transferring to MTSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cordell Hudson Transferring to MTSU

Don't be a baby. Go view my post history. If you are a Syracuse fan, and are not deeply disappointed by what happened against MTSU, i don't know what to say. If you don't think that loss was on Coach Babers, then i really don't know what to say.

That isn’t what your post said. Your post said Dino thinks he knows everything which is stupid. It said the loss was GROB-like which was also stupid. Of course I was furious with that loss. Big difference between saying that and what you actually said

Don't be a baby. Go view my post history. If you are a Syracuse fan, and are not deeply disappointed by what happened against MTSU, i don't know what to say. If you don't think that loss was on Coach Babers, then i really don't know what to say.

last a checked coach babers didnt play in the game

Very true. May not be mature enough at the moment to look at it that way

Your post is confusing. He was very mature ... he did focus on the educational element of what he got here in his tweet. He said "he was very fortunate to have received a phenomenal education".

An immature player would have focused on the football aspect of this only.

He's thankful to Coach Shafer. I know Dino thinks he's the guy with all the answers, but that loss to MTSU was a monumental fail the like of which we had only previously seen from Gerg.

I’m thankful Coach Shafer is gone. I know you Shafer people think Scotty got screwed, but that win over Clemson was a monumental triumph the likes of which we had last previously seen from Coach Mac.

Scott Shafer set Syracuse Football back 5 years.
The opposing ACC coaches loved him as SU HC.

Scott Shafer set Syracuse Football back 5 years.
The opposing ACC coaches loved him as SU HC.

I completely agree. I much prefer Babers to Shafer. I hope he is successful at SU and that he stays successful for years to come. I support him and the team. When he was hired, Babers was third on my "list" behind Brohm and Frost. I think much of what he has done is great. He has good energy. He has ambition.

I have soured on Babers the person some though. Maybe it's the losing or some of the questionable in game stuff, but what i once considered to be confidence and swagger, is starting to appear to me as hubris. At first, i thought he did a really nice job of expressing and explaining his vision. At times now, i feel more like he is talking-down to the base.

I have hope he will get the job done here. But my faith, admittedly, is wavering. I used to hope we would get a coach who would become our Pat Fitzgerald (i figured this would be Marrone as there are obvious parallels). Consistently good, occasionally great, every once in a while, a tad down. I think Babers could potentially be better though. He could become our Gary Patterson. There could be years with this style, where everything clicks, and we could be looking at a conference championship game or a big bowl.

Last edited:
I’m thankful Coach Shafer is gone.
The more time passes, the more I am convinced that we were not a good match for how he wants to coach.

I’m thankful Coach Shafer is gone. I know you Shafer people think Scotty got screwed, but that win over Clemson was a monumental triumph the likes of which we had last previously seen from Coach Mac.

I'm not a "Shafer person." I used to say critical things about him too. It was pretty obvious things were trending the wrong way under him. He was left the proverbial empty cupboard, but had no plan to get things moving in the right direction.

Your post is confusing. He was very mature ... he did focus on the educational element of what he got here in his tweet. He said "he was very fortunate to have received a phenomenal education".

An immature player would have focused on the football aspect of this only.
Dino’s staff kept him for two years and allowed him to finish out his degree. Though that could have been for a number of reasons, he could’ve mentioned the other staff.

I dont care, im waving bye and wishing him a good future.

I completely agree. I much prefer Babers to Shafer. I hope he is successful at SU and that he stays successful for years to come. I support him and the team. When he was hired, Babers was third on my "list" behind Brohm and Frost. I think much of what he has done is great. He has good energy. He has ambition.

I have soured on Babers the person some though. Maybe it's the losing or some of the questionable in game stuff, but what i once considered to be confidence and swagger, is starting to appear to me as hubris. At first, i thought he did a really nice job of expressing and explaining his vision. At times now, i feel more like he is talking-down to the base.

I have hope he will get the job done here. But my faith, admittedly, is wavering. I used to hope we would get a coach who would become our Pat Fitzgerald (i figured this would be Marrone as there are obvious parallels). Consistently good, occasionally great, every once in a while, a tad down. I think Babers could potentially be better though. He could become our Gary Patterson. There could be years with this style, where everything clicks, and we could be looking at a conference championship game or a big bowl.

Well Said, he does talk down and is extremely preachy. I get it, hell i hear it, and most on this board do too, but few will acknowledge it.

Based on that logic it doesn’t matter who the HC is, they have no bearing on the game.

thats not what i said, that game was a complete miss by everyone players and coaches not just coach babers

Ironically, it seems one thing Shafe and Dino have in common is that they are both pretty poor "in game" coaches.

Admitting my ignorance on this, but do college head coaches ever have a "bench coach" as we see routinely in baseball?

When you’re confident and you lose it always looks like hubris. But I prefer it to giving up.

Ironically, it seems one thing Shafe and Dino have in common is that they are both pretty poor "in game" coaches.

Admitting my ignorance on this, but do college head coaches ever have a "bench coach" as we see routinely in baseball?

Babers is light years better. He’s just unconventional.

thats not what i said, that game was a complete miss by everyone players and coaches not just coach babers

I agree with that and despite my earlier comment I agree that that game was more on the players but not completely.

(At Cusian):

I don't think that's true. I mean that he is "light years better."

Look, Shafe was awful. But Dino also struggles. Below average as a "bench coach," and that's noteworthy as a coach who is well above average in other categories.

(At Cusian):

I don't think that's true. I mean that he is "light years better."

Look, Shafe was awful. But Dino also struggles. Below average as a "bench coach," and that's noteworthy as a coach who is well above average in other categories.

What decisions didn’t you like?

Random fun fact:

My father & I share a rather unique sense of humor & love for movie references. Every time Cordell made a play we'd both yell "Cordell!!" in the voice of Mason Verger (Gary Oldman) yelling at his caretaker Cordell Doemling in the movie Hannibal.

Thanks for the memories & best of luck, Mr. Hudson.

There are a couple onsides kick decisions that come to mind.

And at least one field goal that was passed up.

To be clear, I'm down with giving Dino five years right now.

But let's not treat him as though he's beyond criticism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom