Cordy news... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cordy news...

I would take him back in a minute, just don’t see him beating anyone out. Sorry but by the end of year I see Trill as a aa type kid at nickel. He won’t come of field much. Zing behind him, iffy behind 2 corners even though I think he may be the best now. Just to much size and length back there. He is a workout warrior though and as tough as they come. If Dino wants him then I’m in. Coach in the works.

Ummmmmm this time last year he was considered the best athlete on the team and now he wouldn’t contribute? Sometimes there are other private issues I’m not saying either way I’m just saying sooooo many times we are so far off due to the fact some things aren’t for public knowledge and are none of our business. He would be a huge help if he suits up
Im not saying he's gonna come back and be a significant player but Its amazing how many people fought me on this. lol

Im not saying he's gonna come back and be a significant player but Its amazing how many people fought me on this. lol
I agree with you 100%. Dino is all about family. Its real with him no BS on a Tshirt its real. Cordy has been one of our leaders for years. Reading between the lines he stuggles with mental issues. Sometimes to a scary point. I love that he is back with his brothers. I have an enormous amount of respect for how Dino and the program have kept this private and how they are supporting Cordy. His ability to contribute on the field is secondary if that. Im just thankful that we have a program that has its priorities straight.

I agree with you 100%. Dino is all about family. Its real with him no BS on a Tshirt its real. Cordy has been one of our leaders for years. Reading between the lines he stuggles with mental issues. Sometimes to a scary point. I love that he is back with his brothers. I have an enormous amount of respect for how Dino and the program have kept this private and how they are supporting Cordy. His ability to contribute on the field is secondary if that. Im just thankful that we have a program that has its priorities straight.
well said

Cordy can at least be a 2nd string nickel or safety and all time special team guy, and that's a really valuable type of guy to have. If Dino wants him to move on I support it, but if Dino wants him back I want him back like everyone else has said. In a weird world where I am coach, I would definitely want him back.

Him being able to contribute is not really a question imo. NC State anyone?

I hope he’s back and I hope he enjoys every minute of his last year of eligibility.

AC has overcome mountains worth of hurdles. Hopefully he goes out with one great year in the sun.

I'm honestly fine with whichever he chooses.
Would he be helpful to the team, sure.
Are we going to be worse without him, not so much.
We have outstanding depth in the secondary, but it's always nice to have that senior plus leadership in the locker room and can act like another coach to the younger guys.
Whatever he chooses I hope it's for his best.

Didn’t see it here, but maybe I missed it ... Antwan cordy potentially indicated on Twitter that he’s coming back. Not sure if it was misinterpreted though. Any insight?
55D30603-DB29-4631-8CAD-0E62A52E879B.png

He is a huge help, the kid is a 6th year senior who IMO will be the starter. Yes we have lots of talent but come on this kid in past years was considered by many our best defensive player.

He is a huge help, the kid is a 6th year senior who IMO will be the starter. Yes we have lots of talent but come on this kid in past years was considered by many our best defensive player.

Those years are now several in the past.

Who does he start over??
Our AA Safety?
The other Sr. Safety who is built like a LB, and hits like one?
The Sr DB who could be all-ACC this year (Fredrick)
The other Sr DB who has had tons of PT these past few years? (Scoop)
The incredibly talented youngsters who have more size and speed? (Trill, Iffy, Stritz, etc.)

Cordy barely saw the field last season before he got hurt.
Love the kid, and his heart and fire, but he's generously listed at 5'8", and has probably been recruited over.
Hope he gets some run, and is a great locker room presence for the younger guys.

But - barring injury - there's a zero point zero chance he starts.

He's a good player. I think he will definitely play (whether he plays at nickel or safety remains to be seen). Trill Williams IMO is our best DB and is listed at Nickel. Starting Cordy at Nickel means that Trill bumps to corner and takes the place of Frederick or Melifonwu. Starting at Safety means bumping either Andre Cisco or Evan Foster out of the starting lineup. Cordy is an exciting player and if we commit to the 4-2-5 he could get some burn for sure, but I just don't seem him starting.

He will not start on Defense.
He will help out on special teams and will be a nice coach in the secondary film room but the talent has passed him by.

Those years are now several in the past.

Who does he start over??
Our AA Safety?
The other Sr. Safety who is built like a LB, and hits like one?
The Sr DB who could be all-ACC this year (Fredrick)
The other Sr DB who has had tons of PT these past few years? (Scoop)
The incredibly talented youngsters who have more size and speed? (Trill, Iffy, Stritz, etc.)

Cordy barely saw the field last season before he got hurt.
Love the kid, and his heart and fire, but he's generously listed at 5'8", and has probably been recruited over.
Hope he gets some run, and is a great locker room presence for the younger guys.

But - barring injury - there's a zero point zero chance he starts.
You beat me to the punch agree with this all. I don't think he would ever be in consideration to play corner either. I'm not sure Cordy is better or fits the scheme as well as Stritzinger or Devon Clarke, so I would rank Cordy the 6th best nickel/safety on the team (Stritz, Trill, Cisco, Clarke, Foster ahead of him) the new depth chart implies he is at least the 7th best (Coley ahead of him at Cordy's natural position of FS).

He's a good player. I think he will definitely play (whether he plays at nickel or safety remains to be seen). Trill Williams IMO is our best DB and is listed at Nickel. Starting Cordy at Nickel means that Trill bumps to corner and takes the place of Frederick or Melifonwu. Starting at Safety means bumping either Andre Cisco or Evan Foster out of the starting lineup. Cordy is an exciting player and if we commit to the 4-2-5 he could get some burn for sure, but I just don't seem him starting.
There is a 0.0 percent chance that Fredrick does not start at a corner spot if he's healthy.

Wow. We have some serious guarantees in here. 0 percent chance he starts and 0 percent chance he doesn't start. This could be the most interesting development going into the season. For me at least, and this thread.

I am sure they will have special packages for him, he's not an every down player but he adds value in certain situations. I could see him as a special teams menace at either gunner or as the punt blocker guy!

Maybe we could move him to receiver... Oh wait. In all seriousness, its never a bad thing to have a guy like Cordy on the team. I'm happy for him.

Wow. We have some serious guarantees in here. 0 percent chance he starts and 0 percent chance he doesn't start. This could be the most interesting development going into the season. For me at least, and this thread.

Depends entirely on the offensive scheme of the opponent. Remember our base nickel last year with two LBs? How often did we see that against run heavy teams like Pitt and BC. Against a pure spread team with 4 wides Cordy will see the field a lot. Whether he is there for the first snap or not may be debatable, but he will see the field A LOT!