Corey Winfield | Syracusefan.com

Corey Winfield

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
522078.jpg

I thought he deserved his own thread with his own heading since we have offered him and he visited this past weekend. He is one of two recruits we are trying to wrestle away from Northern Illinios. Both love the idea of coming here together and playing in the ACC. Jarrod West was his host and tipped him that playing time could come as early as the 2013 season.

This weekend SU's recruits got to see the upgraded facilities, eat at the Dino and try their hands at managing go carts through the twists and turns at Pole Position which is located in Congel's mall.

SU trotted out the best professors and department heads to show the prospects the advantage of pursuing their majors here in Syracuse.

The coaching staff made a huge impression on these candidates and by the sounds of it, blew away the competition. The families loved the whole process. It won't be long before we might see the fruits of their labor.

Some numbers on Corey

6-2 185 4.47 40

Offers

No Ill

SU

Ball St

Miami (Oh)

Purdue

When you say they made a big impression, are talking about the NI commits, specifically, or the larger group?

When you say they made a big impression, are talking about the NI commits, specifically, or the larger group?
At this point I'm talking about Mitch Kimble, Corey Winfield and Chauncey Scissum.

522078.jpg

I thought he deserved his own thread with his own heading since we have offered him and he visited this past weekend. He is one of two recruits we are trying to wrestle away from Northern Illinios. Both love the idea of coming here together and playing in the ACC. Jarrod West was his host and tipped him that playing time could come as early as the 2013 season.

This weekend SU's recruits got to see the upgraded facilities, eat at the Dino and try their hands at managing go carts through the twists and turns at Pole Position which is located in Congel's mall.

SU trotted out the best professors and department heads to show the prospects the advantage of pursuing their majors here in Syracuse.

The coaching staff made a huge impression on these candidates and by the sounds of it, blew away the competition. The families loved the whole process. It won't be long before we might see the fruits of their labor.

Some numbers on Corey

6-2 185 4.47 40

Offers

No Ill

SU

Ball St

Miami (Oh)

Purdue

Winfield finished 2nd in the state of Missouri in the long jump as a sophomore with a jump of 22'6. He has good size, excellent hands and outstanding leaping ability. Doesn't have great high end speed. I think his game is somewhere in between the styles of play of Mike Williams and Marcus Sales.

Syracusefan.com Bio

Kimble, Scissum, Winfield and a mystery guest RB...

bilde

It's very possible it could be this young man from Rochester.

He has long been an option should either Gus or Laray stray

Check him out here courtesy of Tomcat's hard work

Talk about first impressions, look at his 1st carry of the season.

He could be lightening in a bottle.

Not for nothing but our competition isn't exactly 'stiff' for these guys. I would hope we could blow them away on the visit.

We took Keon Lynn away from Northern Illinois and he's been outstanding here and I think a chance to play in the league. But is there any idea why Mizzou and Kansas/Kansas State, Iowa, Iowa State, Illinois are not recruiting Winfield?

bilde

It's very possible it could be this young man from Rochester.

He has long been an option should either Gus or Laray stray

Check him out here courtesy of Tomcat's hard work

Talk about first impressions, look at his 1st carry of the season.

He could be lightening in a bottle.
Like his frame and speed. Could be a good pickup after a year of S&C.

Stanback is a junior - class of 2014.

If we miss out on AE and Laray we'll be primed to bring in a big time RB. Can't wait.

Nasean Howard obviously has an offer right now to.

Cool now let's add Cooper. I don't recall ever getting a kid from Missouri before.

Really good under the radar prospect. I think he may be a steal when we go back and look at this class in future.

I wonder how many WRs they will take? I think Cooper has a spot no matter what..

2c91f7d2632b11e2a57122000a1fbe0e_7.jpg

Instagram photos taken by Corey on his visit last weekend (found the link on the Northern Illinois board)

I like the size of this guy, his open field running ability kinda makes me think of Austin from WVU.

The NIU board probably has a "Corey" thread similar to our "Ebo" thread. Let the meltdown commence... :)

I like the size of this guy, his open field running ability kinda makes me think of Austin from WVU.

Great call on the Tavon Austin comparision in terms of athleticism, he makes a lot guys miss in the highlight film. 3 star prospect and great start for the new staff. Him and Cooper would make quite the tandem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom