Cory Alexander | Syracusefan.com

Cory Alexander

I think he’s a pretty cool guy, bothered him while I was wasted for a picture on a dare by someone on the board and he couldn’t have been more kind. Childress was excellent a few games back.
Well you lied to him so he thought you played in the developmental league together.

I think he’s a pretty cool guy, bothered him while I was wasted for a picture on a dare by someone on the board and he couldn’t have been more kind. Childress was excellent a few games back.
Childress is much, much better than Alexander

Childress was honestly one of the best I’ve heard in years. Dude did a ton of research and was spot on with so much about our team. I hope we get him a bunch !
He was an asst. at Wake, under Manning, for about 8 seasons, so he had scouted ACC opponents regularly. Which is not to say he didn't do his homework on our current roster.

I don't mind him. He's actually a bit humorous himself. I mean, in Tuesday night's broadcast he on two separate occasions, completely independent of themselves, actually stated how Jimmy III is very athletic/very good athlete. ;):)

Last edited:
Cory's on, the sound is off. Most of the people on our board do not like him. Too much "Back in the Day" stuff during the game has turned people off.
He isn’t bad at all, there is so much worse out there, and he went to your school. Syracuse fans would listen to any former player fart into microphone and be up in arms if he wasn’t winning awards for it. You guys are tough.

Benetti is very good. From the Sean McDonough school of humorous asides--many being friendly jabs at his broadcast partner.

You don't get a job as a lead announcer for an MLB team if you are a stiff.
John Sterling might disagree.

Heard Al Michaels on with Howard the other day.
Talking about former players going into broadcasting.
Michaels said they are either ex-jocks or broadcasters.
The ones who realize they have to be broadcasters are generally the best...they're the ones who put in the time to learn a new craft.
And listeners can tell the difference.

Last edited:
I think Childress is a rising star. That said, I'm a bit of a contrarian when it comes to color announcers. Among other things, I really liked the Dan Dakich/Jon Sciambi combo. I also think Jay Bilas is excellent, and I don't believe that Bill Raftery is as good as some say. He employs a lot of cliches, which many seem to enjoy, but his analysis during games is less than vanilla. I can take or leave Cory Alexander, but sometimes I wish the ACC/ESPN would swap him with the SEC/ESPN for Jon Sundvold. I think he's pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom