Could Melo end up on the next NBA "Dream Team"? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Could Melo end up on the next NBA "Dream Team"?

I don't think Melo will allow the opt out to pass for just a promise that after Amare's contract expires in 2 years they'll go and do something. I'd love to see Melo win a title for the Knicks in MSG but it's not looking good. He needs some help.

By next summer when Melo can opt out, there will only be 1 year left on Amare's deal. And I expect the Knicks will be shopping Amare's (and Barganani's) expiring contracts heavily. I don't think Melo will want his name floating around in headlines with rumors about his next destination throughout the 2014/15 season (the rumors are getting bad enough already, it would only get worse next year), so I expect that he'll opt out, then re-sign with the Knicks. Hopefully he'll be smart enough to sign for a little bit less than max this time, so that the Knicks will be able to afford their own 'Big 3'.

My guess is Melo opts out no matter what next year, why not get that extension when you can? I expect him to stay with the Knicks. I hope he signs for a little less, but I'm not banking on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom