Could Melo end up on the next NBA "Dream Team"? | Syracusefan.com

Could Melo end up on the next NBA "Dream Team"?

There is no way in the world that happens. Absolutely not.

If the NBA wouldn't allow Chris Paul to the Lakers, then they would never allow Melo, Lebron, Wade and Bosh!

the original plan was for melo and LeBron to team up. it could happen with stern gone

If the NBA wouldn't allow Chris Paul to the Lakers, then they would never allow Melo, Lebron, Wade and Bosh!

The hornets were owned by the NBA. People seem to forget this. They had every right to stop that trade.

The hornets were owned by the NBA. People seem to forget this. They had every right to stop that trade.

Yes, a minor detail. You can still argue about whether they should or not, but it would be nothing like this situation.

Melo might be the only star quality player than could get along with Kobe on the floor. I think never is always a very strong word.

that is the fantasy that is sustaining all Laker fans, but it is not going to happen. The Lakers under Jim Buss are not the lure they were under Dr. Jerry

Why not bring Jordan out of retirement make him the sixth man, and revive Wilt Chamberlein for the dream seven?

that is the fantasy that is sustaining all Laker fans, but it is not going to happen. The Lakers under Jim Buss are not the lure they were under Dr. Jerry

This is definitely an X-factor, but I am betting on the lure of LA still bringing some star players in.

This is definitely an X-factor, but I am betting on the lure of LA still bringing some star players in.
of course it will bring players in . . . but who? I have beaten this to death in other threads, but I think the vaunted 2014 FA class is going to be a fizzle. I don't think we are going to see most of the top end players exercise their ETOs, and without them, the class is underwhelming.

Sure, it might not be a one year rebuild. I wouldn't expect Lebron or Melo to switch teams, and I don't see bosh and wade opting out.

But could Miami decide they want to break up the team and move Bosh to the Lakers? I could see something liek that happening. I'm not predicting that, just saying when you have a lot of cap space you have a ton of options.

Sure, it might not be a one year rebuild. I wouldn't expect Lebron or Melo to switch teams, and I don't see bosh and wade opting out.

But could Miami decide they want to break up the team and move Bosh to the Lakers? I could see something liek that happening. I'm not predicting that, just saying when you have a lot of cap space you have a ton of options.

I am sure the Lakers will use all their cap space and get some quality bodies, but I don't see any way that they get the kind of guy who makes you an Instant Legit Contender in the near future, unless they end up with a top 5 draft pick next year.

That scenario is over the top and isn't going to happen. But don't be surprised one bit if Melo exercises his opt out after the season and leaves the Knicks. He will be pushing 30 and time is running short. The surrounding cast on the Knicks is not good enough and will never win a championship. The team is capped out, can't bring in another star and I don't think Melo will allow the opt out to pass for just a promise that after Amare's contract expires in 2 years they'll go and do something. I'd love to see Melo win a title for the Knicks in MSG but it's not looking good. He needs some help.

Melo could opt out and leave the Knicks, but I'm betting against it. The Knicks will have some cap space in 2015 when Amare's contract comes off the books. (hopefully there is someone worth bringing in)

But I think the last few years have shown how much players really value going to places where they think they can win titles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom