Could Pierce-Brewster end up at LB? | Syracusefan.com

Could Pierce-Brewster end up at LB?

JoeSU

All American
Various reports have him listed as a LB/DE. At 6-3, 235, he seems a little small for even a "stand-up DE". JPO seems to have a size better suited (6-5, 250) and he's only 17 and still growing.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Rush end, not enough time to mold in to a LB unfortunately.

Dwight Freeney is 6'1"
Robert Mathis is 6'2"
Elvis Dumervil is 5'11"

His height is fine. If you're worried about his weight, I'm sure a S&C program and Kimmel will get him up to 260 in no time

Yes i could see him playing the Monster position. Guy is going to be fun to watch great great get by the staff whenever you land the player of the year you have landed a player!

Rush end, not enough time to mold in to a LB unfortunately.
I agree, I expect Pierce-Brewster to play mostly on passing downs, where his speed makes him an effective pass rusher. The nice thing about him is that he is also fast enough and agile enough to occasionally fall back into pass coverage when Shafer blitzes a LB or DB.

Both he and Bryan Johnson would be ideal for this kind of a role. Let's hope Johnson wins his appeal and we see both these guys on the field together in passing situations. Shafer can do some interesting things with players like these guys.

I like a guy that can rush, stop the run and drop back to cover a receiver. 6' 3" ain't too shabby.