Could you see yourself as a Duke rival? | Syracusefan.com

Could you see yourself as a Duke rival?

I'd say yes based on basketball, lacrosse and debating that crazy Greg Paulus ownership. Not sure about football, though, because Duke football has just never been anything anyone would mistake for "good."

They could be your new Rutgers. Many of their students are from New Jersey. I realize this may come off as a joke, but they are getting better and are on the cusp of a break out season.

Comparatively speaking, of all the teams in that conference the 4 that I would see being natural rivals are BC, Pitt, and Maryland, because of proximity and history, and then NC, because if you look at SU vs NC over the last 30 years for FB, BB, and Lax, it's pretty comparable. Granted NC is heavier in the BB dept and SU in LAX, but I think the FB programs are very comparable.

They could be your new Rutgers. Many of their students are from New Jersey. I realize this may come off as a joke, but they are getting better and are on the cusp of a break out season.

I do already despise them but I couldnt name one football player past or present from Duke. Maryland could be fun due to proximity and an exsisting dislike for their football coach. Won't take long to hate Miami, BC, and Va Tech as much as days of old either.

Perhaps you could help me out here... aside from the obvious Duke vs UNC which ACC teams consider which other ACC team their rivals? FSU-Miami? Ga Tech-Clemson? Does anyone consider Wake or NC State their rivals?

And i'm not just talking about basketball.

No way. Personally I would like to see in order Pitt, Miami, GA Tech, VT, Clemson, MD, Wake, BC, UNC, UVA, Duke, NC St, FSU (only because it is not realistic).

Personally it's going to be easier for me to get excited for almost every football game compared to being in the BE. I don't know why but all the matchups for ACC games seem more exciting then almost all of our games in the BE.

For SU to be successful we need to destroy uconn, rutgers and bc. So I hate to say it because bc is such a boring school, but they have tod be the rival. Hatred needs to be directed in their direction first and foremost.

For SU to be successful we need to destroy uconn, rutgers and bc. So I hate to say it because bc is such a boring school, but they have tod be the rival. Hatred needs to be directed in their direction first and foremost.

Could be the first time I've ever agreed with you. ;)

I'd say yes based on basketball, lacrosse and debating that crazy Greg Paulus ownership. Not sure about football, though, because Duke football has just never been anything anyone would mistake for "good."

Easy guys. We have never beaten Duke in FB. In fact, they have crushed us every time we have played.

OK, it was in 1938 and 1939. 0-21 and 6-33. Payback time!

It makes sense. Two biggest private schools in the conference.

And i'm not just talking about basketball.

Nah. I anticipate enjoyment in beating them in basketball and lacrosse, but they'll never view us as a main rival in anything but lacrosse. Their tradition hating UNC runs too deep. To me a rivalry has to be mutual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom