Countdown to the Texas Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Countdown to the Texas Bowl

OrangeTarheel

It’s time to kick names and take ass
One week to go before the big game. This year's team has been exhausting to watch but I am happy they're bowling nonetheless.

What is everyone looking forward to with this game? I just know some folks on Minnie are going to get their clock cleaned by our D. Provided noone gets injured or concussed that is one thing I am looking forward to seeing.

One week to go before the big game. This year's team has been exhausting to watch but I am happy they're bowling nonetheless.

What is everyone looking forward to with this game? I just know some folks on Minnie are going to get their clock cleaned by our D. Provided noone gets injured or concussed that is one thing I am looking forward to seeing.

I cannot wait to see Bromley and Spruill eat their running game alive. Especially after all of the Minnie fans talking about how we aren't Michigan State and they run it on everyone. And then once they start passing - I hope they look like WF did. Confused and scared on offense.

I'm also pretty excited to see if Hunt can continue his play from the BC game. If he can make some throws to loosen up the D, I think we really pull away.

Can't wait for this game.

The last two bowl games we've been in have really catapulted us into the following years. Odd circumstances stopped progress from being made, such as 5-2 in 2011 before a rash of injuries, and then this year losing DM and staff. A win here would help a young staff and young team really push forward into 2014. Especially considering our new conference affiliation, IPF, and such! I'd love to see us take this win and run with it into a 8-4 or 9-3 2014!

I'm looking forward to a big W, which if you think about it is a big fat M flat on it's back after getting steam rolled!

We are going to take minny to the woodshed, similar to West Virginia last year.

Biggest thing I am looking forward to seeing is how Hunt fairs. Was his end of season progress a fluke, or was it just that progress? I am leaning towards the latter and would love to see the kid build upon that giving him confidence and motivation going into the offseason

Im watching t0 see how our secondary is going to step up with Durell

MN is for real. They are tough, have a good front line and are very good at run D. As someone previously pointed out this is going to be a rock fight. The teams are so evenly matched in almost every stat it is hard to believe.

They only real difference is that they are better at pass D than we were and now we are really banged up. The Gophers took care of the ball and were +3 in turnovers and returned 2 KOs to the house. They are a well-coached, disciplined team.

I have a feeling that this is not going to be won by either team's run game but rather by one of the two sophomore QBs. I look forward to this being Hunt's game to come of age.

I like our rocks better than theirs. SU 27 UM 23.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom