Court Storming fight between players and fans | Syracusefan.com

Court Storming fight between players and fans

My thoughts

1. I have never been against court storming... certainly don't agree with the "we are too good for that" stance taken at times. But an incident like this would be the best reason against it.

2. The article had an extremely poor concluding remark

The writer said the Utah Valley SID said the skirmish was provoked by the ball toss and not anything the fans did. So if a player takes a cheap shot at an opponent, the court storming fans are now entitled to take shots back at the other team per the SID. Ridiculous!

Utah Valley Students should be barred from games for the rest of the season if any of its fans threw a punch or were aggressive in any way. Dust up's occur between teams at end of games. It is the fan's responsiblity to move away.

If fans storm the court and throw punches at one of your own players, that player should be defended to the full degree by his teammates.

Before this thread, I had no idea something called Utah Valley existed. This ain't your father's WAC.

Before this thread, I had no idea something called Utah Valley existed. This ain't your father's WAC.

I used to have a hard time remembering if a team was in the WAC or MWC. But I knew they were in one or the other.

Now the WAC is totally different schools, and I would have a hard time naming 5 of its current memebers off the top of my head.

Didn't Foreign Dude claim some fan gave him a shot during the 3rd and final court storming in 03?

"Today on Outside the Lines, should court storming be banned?

Let's welcome in John Insertlastnamehere, founder of the nonprofit RushNoMore..."

Ughh, I can already hear the media going to town on this.

There was alot of pushing but the only punches I saw thrown were as follows:

1) Daniel Mullings of New Mexico at the 17 second mark, is swarmed by Utah Valley fans and at least 3 fans throw punches at him.

2) In retaliation #25 of New Mexico takes a shot at the fan who was most aggressive of the bunch. Given that this guy had thrown multiple punches this is acceptable self defence, and he should get no more than one game.

No doubt in my mind, Utah Valley has to suspend students from games for at least the next 5 home games. All fans that swarmed Mullins, should be banned from games for life.

bet you kids wished you stormed the court after the high point game etc...

thats the end of court storming.

"Today on Outside the Lines, should court storming be banned?

Let's welcome in John Insertlastnamehere, founder of the nonprofit RushNoMore..."

Ughh, I can already hear the media going to town on this.

A non profit RushNoMore... :noidea:

There was alot of pushing but the only punches I saw thrown were as follows:

1) Daniel Mullings of New Mexico at the 17 second mark, is swarmed by Utah Valley fans and at least 3 fans throw punches at him.

2) In retaliation #25 of New Mexico takes a shot at the fan who was most aggressive of the bunch. Given that this guy had thrown multiple punches this is acceptable self defence, and he should get no more than one game.

No doubt in my mind, Utah Valley has to suspend students from games for at least the next 5 home games. All fans that swarmed Mullins, should be banned from games for life.

did you get a different video?

There is NO WAY to judge what happened from that.

and if anything, based on that idiotic pg, i would GUESS (please see guess... b/c there is no way to side 1 way or the other with that video) that it was #25 who instigated it.

IMO, if he throws wild haymakers to fans as they run on the court, they have every right to defend themselves.

just looked at both... looks like that big guy will be done for the year.

cant tell 100%, but it really looks like he unprovoked throws haymaker at macklemore and then macklemore goes back after him.

Someone mentioned it in a court storming thread a few weeks ago, but it needs to be reiterated.

Syracuse should storm the court after every home win, just to be s.

did you get a different video?

There is NO WAY to judge what happened from that.

and if anything, based on that idiotic pg, i would GUESS (please see guess... b/c there is no way to side 1 way or the other with that video) that it was #25 who instigated it.

IMO, if he throws wild haymakers to fans as they run on the court, they have every right to defend themselves.

I'm not sure what your watching. But from 16 seconds to 24 seconds you can see Mullings getting swarmed and punches thrown his way by fans. There is no evidence of player punches at fans before that point.

#25 does throw a haymaker after that at a fan around the 25 second mark. Its a clear haymaker. Now watch how that fan acted in the video before that.

I'm not sure what your watching. But from 16 seconds to 24 seconds you can see Mullings getting swarmed and punches thrown his way by fans. There is no evidence of player punches at fans before that point.

#25 does throw a haymaker after that at a fan around the 25 second mark. Its a clear haymaker. Now watch how that fan acted in the video before that.

numbers were mixed up. the other video that i linked shows the big guy who macklemore is going after at the 17 second mark instigated his portion.

that was my point. the big guy (not #25) is definitely suspended for the year

Well maybe we just need to arm college Security Guards...some people claim it will reduce violence in schools, right? :rolleyes:

numbers were mixed up. the other video that i linked shows the big guy who macklemore is going after at the 17 second mark instigated his portion.

that was my point. the big guy (not #25) is definitely suspended for the year

I can't really see it, although I assume I am focusing on something else at the time. Although, I am sure it's there as you can see it.

There are so many movements, it's hard to see everything even on video.

I don't see a second video, but I do see a still photo, which is really deceiving IMO.

It looks like he is throwing a shot in that phot, but if you look at that moment in the video he is simply being carried away and that is where his arm is.

http://instagram.com/tyjensen12 It is his video. you should be able to see it on his home page

Last edited: