covid booster and anecdotal info on covid breakthroughs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

covid booster and anecdotal info on covid breakthroughs

what are everybody's feeling on mixing of brands specifically on boosters?

See my earlier post - #12.
my local pharmacy made the decision easy for me along with your post #12, ill let everybody know how the mixing goes this weekend(moderna first 2 doses, pfizer booster scheduled). Also i have potential eligibity issues for booster as im in job hunt mode so whatever was available now makes sense since im eligible now but may not be later.

Last edited:
lots of confusion around the work place as to who really qualifies.. in reality very few I know do, but I know several who have signed up because they really wont confirm anything anyway. Our local Moderna stuff is booked into almost Dec now. Several people asked HR if they qualify and the answer was we are not making that decision for you. read the guidelines and make your own decision..

people working at the hospital I know were told they dont qualify as high risk and are too young for the booster..

people who work in healthcare are eligible.

There is a trend among people I know who got the booster. If they felt some side effects after the 2nd shot they felt almost nothing after the 3rd, but if they felt nothing after the 2nd shot then on the 3rd they finally did get some side effects. Has this been anyone's experience? Just got the Pfizer booster and hoping for an easy night since I definitely felt it after the second shot.

There is a trend among people I know who got the booster. If they felt some side effects after the 2nd shot they felt almost nothing after the 3rd, but if they felt nothing after the 2nd shot then on the 3rd they finally did get some side effects. Has this been anyone's experience? Just got the Pfizer booster and hoping for an easy night since I definitely felt it after the second shot.
3 shots for me, all Pfizer.

I felt almost no effects from any of them. From what I have read, if you got COVID and they got a shot, the symptoms tend to be worse.

I haven't gotten it yet. At least I don't think so. Only was tested twice, and I think the tests looked for active infection.

As a teacher, I hope that I'm eligible for the booster. I've heard mixed news on this so I'm not sure. Whenever I am eligible, I'll probably stick with Moderna if I can since that's what I got before.

As a teacher, I hope that I'm eligible for the booster. I've heard mixed news on this so I'm not sure. Whenever I am eligible, I'll probably stick with Moderna if I can since that's what I got before.
This applies to moderna and J&J as well, they just haven’t updated the language.

Examples of workers who may get Pfizer-BioNTech booster[ 1 ] shots

• First responders (e.g., healthcare workers, firefighters, police, congregate care staff)
  • Education staff (e.g., teachers, support staff, daycare workers)
  • Food and agriculture workers
  • Manufacturing workers
  • Corrections workers
  • U.S. Postal Service workers
  • Public transit workers
  • Grocery store workers
1 List could be updated in the future

This applies to moderna and J&J as well, they just haven’t updated the language.

Examples of workers who may get Pfizer-BioNTech booster[ 1 ] shots

• First responders (e.g., healthcare workers, firefighters, police, congregate care staff)
  • Education staff (e.g., teachers, support staff, daycare workers)
  • Food and agriculture workers
  • Manufacturing workers
  • Corrections workers
  • U.S. Postal Service workers
  • Public transit workers
  • Grocery store workers
1 List could be updated in the future
Excellent. Thank you.

My dad had no side effects on the first two Pfizer shots and had side effects on the booster

My dad had no side effects on the first two Pfizer shots and had side effects on the booster
That would be in line with how it has gone for my family as well. 24 hours after the booster for me and I have felt almost nothing besides a headache and maybe a little more fatigue than usual. Felt it a lot worse after the second shot.

That would be in line with how it has gone for my family as well. 24 hours after the booster for me and I have felt almost nothing besides a headache and maybe a little more fatigue than usual. Felt it a lot worse after the second shot.
That's pretty much what he said - bad headache and feeling a little run down. I got destroyed from my first two Pfizer shots and am not looking forward to eventually getting a third.

3 shots for me, all Pfizer.

I felt almost no effects from any of them. From what I have read, if you got COVID and they got a shot, the symptoms tend to be worse.

I haven't gotten it yet. At least I don't think so. Only was tested twice, and I think the tests looked for active infection.

Must be the Ginger Ale.

No effects after the 1st hot. Had effects after the 2nd shot - chills, fatigue and overall yucky feeling - slept from 9pm to 7am but felt fine the next day. Booster only a sore arm - think the pharmacy person put the shot in way too high, actually in my shoulder not my arm - ached for about 2 days.

I wouldn't worry too much about "eligibility". In my case, they asked a very basic question if I was eligible, I said yes (I believe that I was), and they proceeded to give me the booster. It doesn't look like they are trying to turn people away as this point.

I wouldn't worry too much about "eligibility". In my case, they asked a very basic question if I was eligible, I said yes (I believe that I was), and they proceeded to give me the booster. It doesn't look like they are trying to turn people away as this point.
Agreed. I think they are more interested in getting needles in arms if someone wants it than in spending time determining if someone is technically eligible.

Agreed. I think they are more interested in getting needles in arms if someone wants it than in spending time determining if someone is technically eligible.
They spent 1-2 minutes reviewing my card to make sure that I was eligible from a medical perspective (eg I had waited the appropriate 6 months), but they were generally thankful that I was there receiving the booster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom