cowherd about to break something about a huge college coach | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

cowherd about to break something about a huge college coach

What if a kid just wanted to quit basketball and transfer to another school? If this kid wants to study pre-law at Minnesota, could he do that?
and if he did do something like that, but a year or so later he decided he wanted to play ball again and goes out for Minnesota's team. Could he do that?

and if he did do something like that, but a year or so later he decided he wanted to play ball again and goes out for Minnesota's team. Could he do that?
:noidea:

What if a kid just wanted to quit basketball and transfer to another school? If this kid wants to study pre-law at Minnesota, could he do that?

I think he can go anywhere he wants, but can't be on scholarship for the first year unless released by his former school.

Bo Ryan has a kid who wants to transfer after getting little PT. Ryan, as allowed by NCAA rules, can block a transfer to any schools he wants. So Ryan gave the kid a list of disallowed schools that included all B1G schools, Marquette (so far makes sense) and Iowa St. The kid then apparently was interested in Univ. of Virginia because an ex- Wisconsin asst is the head coach there now. Ryan said no and added not only UVA to the ban list but also every school in the ACC. Probably because he isn't sure which ACC school Wisky might have to play one year in the B1G-ACC Challenge. But that is incredibly petty and nasty. This has ignited the controversy about how a coach can quit and take any other job at any school so why is a college kid restricted to such a ridiculous degree? As a contrast with Bo Ryan, will be interesting to see if Coach K would allow Gbinjie(sp) to transfer to SU if he wants or blocks it.
Small edit: He redshirted last season apparently at his own request.

On a side note, remember last year or two years ago when Cowherd went on the radio and started talking all this mess about AJ Burnett going through a messy divorce and how he (cowherd) was not going to get into it because his sources were personal? Then Burnett's agent came back that same day and stated that Colin is full of crap and AJ wasn't even going through a divorce at all!

So what was the real deal?

I just dont understand that if a scholly is only for that year, How a coach can have any say if the kid doesnt want to come back.

Would it be a big deal if a school was like, "hey kid, we want to give your scholly to someone else, so uhh, pull out your wallet or kick rocks"? That has to happen all the time doesnt it?

It does with Calhoun.

I just dont understand that if a scholly is only for that year, How a coach can have any say if the kid doesnt want to come back.
That's the thing that doesn't make sense to me either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom