Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25)

Freakin' Penn State looks like it's loaded again. Nothing like bringing a recruit to Happy Valley and let him watch 100K screaming fans to convince him where he wants to play.
In a perverse way, a good PSU, God SU and a good Pitt is good for North East football. Traditional northern powers are being talked about while Texas teams are down, California teams don't exist, Notre Dame forgot what football is, Rutgers is perpetually embarrassing themselves, tOSU and UM rule the B1G and SEC powers are fighting it out.

Now I was go disinfect as I have said something good about PSU.

I hope we can sneak in at 24-25 this week and move up a couple slots after Wagner. If NCST beats FSU and Clemson they will be top 8 at worst coming off a huge win vs Clemson. With us being ranked it can help in our college gameday arguement. Just have to hope gameday doesn't go to ST vs Clemson.

In a perverse way, a good PSU, God SU and a good Pitt is good for North East football. Traditional northern powers are being talked about while Texas teams are down, California teams don't exist, Notre Dame forgot what football is, Rutgers is perpetually embarrassing themselves, tOSU and UM rule the B1G and SEC powers are fighting it out.

One California team exists. USC is ranked top 10.

I used to believe that it helped recruiting and attendance but I don't anymore. It helps getting you on TV in better slots. And your scores are posted on the top of websites, along with Sports Center highlights.
Being ranked definitely helps both. There was a surge in season ticket sales for us following 2018. The thing is, you can't just be ranked for a blip in time. It has to become consistent for casual fans to notice and care and for recruits to believe it's real. Since recruting is a muli-year process, being ranked for a small part of one season and then laying a major egg the season(s) immmediately after won't do much to help.

Being ranked definitely helps both. There was a surge in season ticket sales for us following 2018. The thing is, you can't just be ranked for a blip in time. It has to become consistent for casual fans to notice and care and for recruits to believe it's real. Since recruting is a muli-year process, being ranked for a small part of one season and then laying a major egg the season(s) immmediately after won't do much to help.
Yup, this is why I harp on how important it is for us to string together bowl seasons too.

After Syracuse football collapsed, PSU set the standard for Easter football. If Eastern football is ever going to return to its former glory it's got a long way to go. Let's face it. State Us dominate.

Looks like the media likes FSU, Kansas, and Kansas State to slide in this week. Don’t think it’s happening yet unfortunately.

coaches poll.
Tex/MSU/FL/Miami fall out
Pitt/FSU/Minn/kansas/Cinci move up.

We pass Miami/MSU perhaps App st for sure
Oregon st/WSU both had tough losses so could go either way.

26/25 kinda feel to it

Hopefully Mink wants to help us out but probably not…

D42299CD-12F4-459F-993D-7EF7F0D096BB.jpeg
Danny Kanell has SU 11th

I hope we can sneak in at 24-25 this week and move up a couple slots after Wagner. If NCST beats FSU and Clemson they will be top 8 at worst coming off a huge win vs Clemson. With us being ranked it can help in our college gameday arguement. Just have to hope gameday doesn't go to ST vs Clemson.
We won’t be college game day. ESPN announced NCS at Clemson next week is going to be game day. No way will NCS be on two weeks in a row.

We won’t be college game day. ESPN announced NCS at Clemson next week is going to be game day. No way will NCS be on two weeks in a row.
the nc state game is 2 weeks after this upcomingweek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom