Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25)

Agreed but can’t say I don’t care, I definitely care. Being ranked is exciting from an emotional standpoint, and on the tangible level it’s good for the program as it can impact both attendance and recruiting. It definitely matters.
Just look at basketball. How many years since we played an ACC game ranked is it now? Obviously a portion of the fanbase could care less because they get to follow Buddy’s G League career but plenty of us expect a number next to our name when we watch games.

It’s a huge deal for us. Just look at Miami their program has been bad for as long as us since they left the Big East and don’t even get to the conference title game ever. They still get tons of undeserved hype and recruiting help by being (over) ranked a lot.

Syracuse #30

1664130147818.png

Who cares
If you're interpreting my comment to mean that SU shouldn't be ranked #25, that's not the case.
My point is that once you get past #24, it looks like the voters were split on who else should get in.

If you're interpreting my comment to mean that SU shouldn't be ranked #25, that's not the case.
My point is that once you get past #24, it looks like the voters were split on who else should get in.
No I didn’t mean that, I meant we haven’t had a cup of coffee in the polls in a long time so I’m thrilled. No offense intended.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom