Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25)

Standard SEC bias. Unless you lose to an SEC team, a loss is a terrible thing.. In the real world, the SEC bias is called failing up. The bowls prove the bias is real and failing up does not help them but it exists nonetheless.
Bring back the BCS computers.

I've always considered the Coaches Poll a little manipulative for future opponents/conference ties and the Writers a name you know or the hot most talked about team for their rankings.

Writers probably need to throw in a curveball now and then (for good or for bad) to keep their readers interested.
Otherwise, they're writing the same thing as everyone else.

A guy in Lubbock and a guy in Wichita ranked SU #21 this week.
Nate Mink...crickets.

Writers probably need to throw in a curveball now and then (for good or for bad) to keep their readers interested.
Otherwise, they're writing the same thing as everyone else.

A guy in Lubbock and a guy in Wichita ranked SU #21 this week.
Nate Mink...crickets.
It used to be that the AP was considered more accurate as most voters are college football nerds, versus the coaches who would just give the poll to their SIDs.

I didnt realize Mink was also Assistant A.D. for Football Hype? He doesnt think SU is top 25. Deal with it.

I wonder what the Venn Diagram looks like for those complaining about Mink not being a homer, and those complaining that the media is biased?

It used to be that the AP was considered more accurate as most voters are college football nerds, versus the coaches who would just give the poll to their SIDs.

I didnt realize Mink was also Assistant A.D. for Football Hype? He doesnt think SU is top 25. Deal with it.

I wonder what the Venn Diagram looks like for those complaining about Mink not being a homer, and those complaining that the media is biased?

Removing my previous response.
Just want to confirm with you that the point of my message was not to complain that Mink is not being a homer.

Last edited:

Well, you definitely are the king of that mountain.

I think I'm going to cry.
giphy (17).gif

Well, you definitely are the king of that mountain.

Hey, gotta keep it real. ;) I operate under the general premise that you owe me nothing, and I owe you nothing. However, in order to maintain civility, I follow the "golden rule."

I'm not sure why people feel Mink owes the team, the City, the fans, whoever, some inflated ranking that he doesnt seem to find fitting?

Last edited:
Love to see top 25!

Why does Wake drop 6 when almost taking down Clemson? 1 play worth a 10? Point swing in the rankings?
They were at home why should undefeated teams be punished because Wake played a close game at home and ranked below them?

Voice of College Football (great podcast btw) has at us #5!

Is this guy SU graduate? Top 5 ranking is too much. I don't think I can put SU on top 5 even after they beat Clemson.

Is this guy SU graduate? Top 5 ranking is too much. I don't think I can put SU on top 5 even after they beat Clemson.
I think his whole shtick is SOS, I’m not sure what his background is. I wouldn’t put us at #5 either, but I do think we’re much better than we were last Saturday night. I think the current coaches poll is fair.

Nate Mink is Penn State graduate. He is trained to hate SU and love Penn State.
Matt Brown from State College, PA had SU at 23 (and PSU at 8) so not everybody in central PA is completely awful.

His ranking is based on on- field performance and opponent to dare. SU has three P5 victories and four FBS victories, few match that as most have played 2 or 3 tomato can games already. UConn is a tomato can but the other three are respectable.. Obviously we play Wagner this week, we should expect to drop in his rankings as others rise because they will play significantly more respectable opponents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom