Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Cracking the Top 25 (AP #30 / Coaches #25)

Either Wake or FSU is out of the AP after next weekend. Cincy, Pitt and Florida likely won’t lose the next two weeks. Kansas and KSU both have two tough games coming up, WSU has USC in two weeks, Minny has Purdue, will need to see if O’Connell plays. Arkansas plays Bama next week. So, we could juuuust sneak in before NC State

I'm stoked about the coaches poll, but it's weird. We're 4-0 with 3 wins over P5 conference schools and all 4 wins over FBS schools (though UConn is terrible). Not many schools have a better resume than us.

Nc state and BYU with only 1 p5 win. (Havent checked all). Preseason hype is a thing.
Especially with App State coming back to earth with a loss against JMU.

For arguments sake. Lets say we played NCstate next week, and squeek one out. They drop to 16 and we move up to 22? I dunno. Just seems like it works that way.

Of course, if they squeeked past us? They'd go from 10 to 6... bahh

Just look at basketball. How many years since we played an ACC game ranked is it now? Obviously a portion of the fanbase could care less because they get to follow Buddy’s G League career but plenty of us expect a number next to our name when we watch games.

It’s a huge deal for us. Just look at Miami their program has been bad for as long as us since they left the Big East and don’t even get to the conference title game ever. They still get tons of undeserved hype and recruiting help by being (over) ranked a lot.
I’m strictly FB only, I don’t follow the BB program. Though I do always wish the team well.

Love to see top 25!

Why does Wake drop 6 when almost taking down Clemson? 1 play worth a 10? Point swing in the rankings?
Standard SEC bias. Unless you lose to an SEC team, a loss is a terrible thing.. In the real world, the SEC bias is called failing up. The bowls prove the bias is real and failing up does not help them but it exists nonetheless.

Just doesn't make sense that Wake would drop. You lose to a top 5 team in overtime and fall 5 spots? They should've stayed where they were. I hate these unwritten rules that say a loss imediately drops you or that you can't drop until you have a loss. I love that the playoff committee doesn't release anything until halfway through the city.

Just look at basketball. How many years since we played an ACC game ranked is it now? Obviously a portion of the fanbase could care less because they get to follow Buddy’s G League career but plenty of us expect a number next to our name when we watch games.

It’s a huge deal for us. Just look at Miami their program has been bad for as long as us since they left the Big East and don’t even get to the conference title game ever. They still get tons of undeserved hype and recruiting help by being (over) ranked a lot.
what’s basketball

RE: preseason rankings

C70E4B53-8347-4F1D-A595-98E013B15D95.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors