Craig Carton...Moron. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Craig Carton...Moron.

Are you sure he doesn't spell his name Cartoon? He comes off as some kind of Looney Toons character.

If he looked at all the evidence and reached the conclusions that he did, than do you blame him?

I completely disagree and don't believe Bernie did anything, but if I thought that Bernie did what he was accused of and thought that JB knew about it, then I would probably have a hard time supporting the basketball program.

Still, I don't know how you can look at all the evidence that has been made public and reach those conclusions.

If he looked at all the evidence and reached the conclusions that he did, than do you blame him?

I completely disagree and don't believe Bernie did anything, but if I thought that Bernie did what he was accused of and thought that JB knew about it, then I would probably have a hard time supporting the basketball program.

Still, I don't know how you can look at all the evidence that has been made public and reach those conclusions.

If he wants to conclude that Fine did what was alleged, I can respect his opinion (although based on everything I've heard, there is no way I'd convict Fine). But to say Boeheim should be fired? When there is virtually no evidence that Boeheim knew anything or covered anything up? At the very least, Carton should have to state why he thinks Boeheim knows. For that I blame him.

will make listening to him for 2-3 hours a day a little annoying, but ill get over it.

radio guys are paid to have an opinion and stick to it, (or ignore they said it) even when wrong.

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2013/06/syracuse_grad_craig_carton_tal.html#incart_river

"I do. I love Daryl (Gross). I think he is doing a great job as A.D. I love the new hire of the football coach. I think we are in really good hands there," Carton said.

"I have denounced all support though of Syracuse basketball until Jim Boeheim is fired. And you ask 'why is that?' Well, I'll tell you why that is. Because I believe that Bernie Fine did despicable things to young boys or young men even. That's my belief. I know it is alleged. I think with Jim Boeheim if you worked with someone as long as you did, would have to have some inkling that something was going on and I think that it is despicable.

"Until he is removed as head coach, I will not support the Syracuse basketball team. I love the university, I hope my kids go there. I love the football program, like I said, I am a Syracuse guy, I want to be fully supportive. But you can't tolerate that kind of alleged behavior."

What a freaking MORON!

Carton's dislike for SU basketball was evident well before the Axe piece. I heard him talk about it a few times and I've been listening to the show less and less since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's jonesing for Syracuse basketball, he better hope Hopkins goes elsewhere -- because the same logic would apply, no? (Bobby Davis claims he was molested until around age 27 -- which would be about 1999. Hopkins joined the staff in 1995.)

I have to be honest I had no idea who Craig Carton was. I don't live on the east coast and I don't listen to sports radio all that much due in large part to listening to stupid crap like this. It's funny he talks about people stabbing people in the back and that is kind of what he is doing to try and get a headline for himself by taking shots at JB. It reminded me of the Coach K comment from the interview they did together where Coach K talked about the journalism students from Syracuse trying to make headlines to get onto broadway.

If he's jonesing for Syracuse basketball, he better hope Hopkins goes elsewhere -- because the same logic would apply, no? (Bobby Davis claims he was molested until around age 27 -- which would be about 1999. Hopkins joined the staff in 1995.)
Also roomed with him at some point (apartment mates) if memory serves me. But really . . . .This? . . . Again?

I hate the media they crapped all over college sports saying who should win and :blah::blah::blah:

Whatever happened to the good old days just shut up and play the D%*^ game!

Hate everything that it has done to guys like Lebron, Durant and yes I love him Melo's egos and attitudes. Then they need to disect everything like they know what is going to happen. The best media announcers are the ones who are clueless and keep the game fun fresh and new. Usually by march there are some teams I just don't want to hear about anymore.

Coincidentally, Carton has a book out. Shocker that he'd try to get his name out there even more. He's making the rounds trying to get people to buy it. He spewed the same nonsense awhile back. Strange that his book shares a name with a show on SNY that he isn't even on. You'd think he'd be more original. Nice how he equates growing up in Westchester County to growing up in NYC. Yes, they are exactly the same. It was even worse when he shared a broadcast with Sid Rosenberg. I'm glad that Bill King is on at the same time so I don't have to listen to his vowel movements.

will make listening to him for 2-3 hours a day a little annoying, but ill get over it.

radio guys are paid to have an opinion and stick to it, (or ignore they said it) even when wrong.

Well, if they're doing it right, they try to do a bit of research, so that said opinion is informed.

Unless the primary objective is simply to stir the pot.

I was literally back stabbed while climbing the stairway to heaven after having the ladder of success literally pulled out from under me by some butt kissing ratfinks who were trying to step over me on their way to the promised land.

"can't tolerate that kind of alleged behavior"?

What does that even mean? I don't tolerate snorting coke, but I'm not going to hold it against someone if there's no proof he/she did it. But, I guess Craig doesn't need proof. He just needs an allegation. Such a child. I would hate to have him on a jury. Guilty unless proven innocent is his credo, it seems.

Who??

Oh no, a nameless guy whose donation is probably insignificant is not supporting the school's basketball team? What ever will we do???

Who??

Oh no, a nameless guy whose donation is probably insignificant is not supporting the school's basketball team? What ever will we do???

Not a huge deal, but he used to give SU hoops a lot of positive pub in the NY market. Now he trashes us whenever he gets the chance. Maybe he should stop supporting his Yankees because they have an alleged steroid user playing for them.

Who??

It's more than insignificant, in that he's not even listed on SU's list of donors.

I can take or leave Carton, occasionally I'll listen to his show on the way to work. I have to assume he already didn't like Boeheim from his time here, and this Fine situation is an easy excuse to compound that.

Not a huge deal, but he used to give SU hoops a lot of positive pub in the NY market. Now he trashes us whenever he gets the chance. Maybe he should stop supporting his Yankees because they have an alleged steroid user playing for them.

Carton is a Mets fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom