Crazy thought here | Syracusefan.com

Crazy thought here

littlereg

845 hoops extraordinaire
Whenever someone posts a new person that gets their release and such there's always a number of people to come out and say "not happening, nope, won't get involved, etc" and yeah it probably won't happen but instead of coming in acting like you're all that and coming off unecessary and such like a lot of you tend to do, why can't we just discuss in s friendly manner not angry/argumentative manner about why our staff isn't attempting on all these kids who we badly need? Why can't we discuss the lacks of our program instead of bashing each other? I know once I post this all the higher uppers are gonna be coming ya me like "you've posted only x number of times, blah blah blah" but that doesn't matter. We all know the staff isn't doing what they should be. We all know they aren't going after these golden doors opened for us that we desperately need. That doesn't mean we need to go at each other for it.

Whenever someone posts a new person that gets their release and such there's always a number of people to come out and say "not happening, nope, won't get involved, etc" and yeah it probably won't happen but instead of coming in acting like you're all that and coming off unecessary and such like a lot of you tend to do, why can't we just discuss in s friendly manner not angry/argumentative manner about why our staff isn't attempting on all these kids who we badly need? Why can't we discuss the lacks of our program instead of bashing each other? I know once I post this all the higher uppers are gonna be coming ya me like "you've posted only x number of times, blah blah blah" but that doesn't matter. We all know the staff isn't doing what they should be. We all know they aren't going after these golden doors opened for us that we desperately need. That doesn't mean we need to go at each other for it.
Most people here like inside information and that is the main reason many people come. It doesn't work if people get criticized for giving it out. That has happened in the past, not saying that is what you are doing. I actually think the opposite of what you are saying it true. When someone criticizes not going after a kid harder like Lonnie Walker or not going all in on one kid and losing out like Quade Green and Brandon Randolph it does not mean we hate the staff or think JB is old and stupid or that all of our assistants are incompetent. It means we are interested in a change of philosophy in how we go after kids. We can still be supportive of the coaching staff and Boeheim and point these things out.

Most people here like inside information and that is the main reason many people come. It doesn't work if people get criticized for giving it out. That has happened in the past, not saying that is what you are doing. I actually think the opposite of what you are saying it true. When someone criticizes not going after a kid harder like Lonnie Walker or not going all in on one kid and losing out like Quade Green and Brandon Randolph it does not mean we hate the staff or think JB is old and stupid or that all of our assistants are incompetent. It means we are interested in a change of philosophy in how we go after kids. We can still be supportive of the coaching staff and Boeheim and point these things out.
Oh no that's not what I meant sorry for the misscommunication. I come here for inside info too and just love talking syracuse basketball but what I meant is when people go at eachother on their info in a manner that isnt necessary and I get that it's a difficult time for our program but there's no reason for it. As the staff I still trust them but she stuff like Quade and Lonnie happen it's hard not to question them at that time.

Good post.

Here's where I disagree. My example is Tremont Waters. It has been said by numerous journalists and sources that SU is not pursuing him, yet there are multiple posts every day asking why or saying we should go after him. You don't have to be an "insider" to be able to read info that is out there that says we won't go after him. It gets frustrating to read.

To me, your post is good because there has been a lot of finger-pointing and frankly the board has become tough to read lately. I still contribute and read everything because it's habitual and I might be addicted to the board at this point.

Here's another thought: Paulie Peppas started a thread that Thompson decommitted from Pitt and maybe we should consider getting after him. I disagreed. That doesn't mean I didn't think Paulie's post was worthwhile. There's nothing wrong with saying, no, we won't pursue so and so. It also doesn't mean I'm right. It's just an opinion, hopefully backed by a reason.

Here's some even crazier ideas...

I believe it's possible to be critical of the Syracuse recruiting efforts, and all in strategy, and still be supportive of the program.

I believe it's possible to be critical of JB at this juncture of his career and still LOVE what he's done for this program.

I believe that there is balance between being pessimistic and optimistic. Not all those being labeled pessimistic are, and not all those being labeled too optimistic/unrealistic are. Truth can be found on both sides.

I believe that many people have lost the capacity to decipher what they believe from what they know. Beliefs are being spewed around as fact.

I believe it's possible that a newbie can post something that has as much validity as a tenured poster. The longevity of one's account does not necessarily make the opinion more credible.

All that said, I think 99% of us are true Syracuse fans or we wouldn't be on this board. Play nice.

giphy.gif

Good post.

Here's where I disagree. My example is Tremont Waters. It has been said by numerous journalists and sources that SU is not pursuing him, yet there are multiple posts every day asking why or saying we should go after him. You don't have to be an "insider" to be able to read info that is out there that says we won't go after him. It gets frustrating to read.

To me, your post is good because there has been a lot of finger-pointing and frankly the board has become tough to read lately. I still contribute and read everything because it's habitual and I might be addicted to the board at this point.

Simply because the media states SU is not or will not recruit Waters does not mean a thread should be deleted or not discussed. Whether we are or not recruiting Waters, a valid case can be made that we should.

Some folks just don't like reading opinions that differ from their own. If you read something you disagree with move along to something else. Let those who are interested post in that thread. No one puts a gun to your head saying you have to read or reply to anything.

Agree to disagree and move on.

Simply because the media states SU is not or will not recruit Waters does not mean a thread should be deleted. Whether we are or not recruitingWaters, a valid case can be made that we should. Some folks just don't like reading opinions that differ from their own. If you read something you disagree with move along to something else. Let those who are interested post in that thread. No one puts a gun to anyone's head saying you have to read or reply to anything.

Agree to disagree and move on.

Where did I say the thread should be deleted?

Where did I say the thread should be deleted?

I corrected my post and wrote deleted or discussed. Someone did suggest that it be deleted. But my point is still valid. Don't like a thread don't read it or reply to it.

I corrected my post and wrote deleted or discussed. Someone did suggest that it be deleted.

No problem. My only beef is the repetitive posts. There have also been repetitive threads. The recruiting board used to be a place to discuss the targets and watch highlights and get updates on their play. Now, it's become the place to bitch and moan about anything and everything. And now I'm complaining about that, I guess.:oops:

No problem. My only beef is the repetitive posts. There have also been repetitive threads. The recruiting board used to be a place to discuss the targets and watch highlights and get updates on their play. Now, it's become the place to bitch and moan about anything and everything. And now I'm complaining about that, I guess.:oops:
My faves are after three pages of why something isn't happening a new poster will say "we should go after this guy" not having read the last 28 pages.

I get it, but on a day that fans learn that EA is out of the scene for 2017, people are going to vent. Especially when "seasoned" posters on this board act like they KNOW what's going down with a recruit, and they are wrong. I was not treated very nicely myself when I stated there was no guarantee that EA would even reclassify let alone sign here. I was flat out told "you're wrong."

It gets frustrating to post things that the vets say is wrong , only to be proven right. That's why you see the repetitive posts... we get frustrated too. Many vets don't like being wrong or even questioned,

I get it, but in a day that fans learn that EA is out of the scene for 2017, people are going to vent. Especially when "seasoned" posters on this board act like they KNOW what's going down with a recruit, and they are wrong. M I was not treated very nicely myself when I stated there was no guarantee that EA would even reclassify let alone sign here. I was flat out told "you're wrong."

It gets frustrating to post things that the vets say is wrong , only to be proven right. That's why you see the repetitive posts... we get frustrated too. Many vets don't like being wrong or even questioned,

I agree 100%. First off, there was never any guarantee that Ayala would reclassify. Until it's a fact, anything is possible. And I don't think anyone knows more than someone else or should be treated differently because of their post count. Speaking of count, don't "count" us out with Ayala in '17.

People who know stuff sometimes share their info. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. Your opinion is just as valid as their opinion. Info is info. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. We learned that lesson the hard way with the QG fiasco.

I agree 100%. First off, there was never any guarantee that Ayala would reclassify. Until it's a fact, anything is possible. And I don't think anyone knows more than someone else or should be treated differently because of their post count. Speaking of count, don't "count" us out with Ayala in '17.

People who know stuff sometimes share their info. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. Your opinion is just as valid as their opinion. Info is info. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. We learned that lesson the hard way with the QG fiasco.

I would LOVE to be wrong about Ayala. Thanks for the cordial and mature dialogue.

I corrected my post and wrote deleted or discussed. Someone did suggest that it be deleted. But my point is still valid. Don't like a thread don't read it or reply to it.
I wrote that it should be deleted but it was supposed to be a joke. I don't think anything should be deleted or moved unless it's inflammatory. If you don't like it, don't read it, simple enough. Repetitive posts should be removed but people opining, even if it strays off topic, should continue.

I wrote that it should be deleted but it was supposed to be a joke. I don't think anything should be deleted or moved unless it's inflammatory. If you don't like it, don't read it, simple enough. Repetitive posts should be removed but people opining, even if it strays off topic, should continue.

Thank you. But truth be told, very few have a problem with repetitive posts when they are in agreement with the content of the post. It's those that post content that differs in opinion that get singled out for repetitive posts. And that's not fair.

Good post.

The tremont waters case is sickening almost. It's evident it isn't gonna happen. Why? Who knows. Should we try? Of course. Will we? No. And that's the truth. I agree there. As for being addicted, I agree. I get upset with myself if I don't looked for a good amount of time because then there's so much to go through and it takes so much time but I'm addi yes and I love it

The tremont waters case is sickening almost. It's evident it isn't gonna happen. Why? Who knows. Should we try? Of course. Will we? No. And that's the truth. I agree there. As for being addicted, I agree. I get upset with myself if I don't looked for a good amount of time because then there's so much to go through and it takes so much time but I'm addi yes and I love it

Maybe the staff knows something we don't. Only explanation.

Maybe the staff knows something we don't. Only explanation.
My thought all along as well. Definitely interesting to say the least

What if I disagree with this premise?
that's totally okay! It's okay to disagree. However, going at people because they disagree and such isn't.

I
that's totally okay! It's okay to disagree. However, going at people because they disagree and such isn't.
Think the point may be we don't all agree. I don't know "the staff isn't doing what they should be". I hear a lot of opinions and speculation. I personally don't have access to enough information to so conclude. We are talking about teenagers making decisions and a number of adults trying to fill their heads with information calculated to influence them. It could be bad. These things self propel and develop momentum. I hope it isn't bad. I trust our Head Coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom