crazy thought would Ped State ever go to the ACC | Syracusefan.com

crazy thought would Ped State ever go to the ACC

kcsu

Living Legend
I realize they are tainted goods but long term would Ped State ever consider a fresh start and come back east especially in light of the fact that within 10 years or less ND is going to be a full member?

When did ND football to the ACC in 10 years become fact exactly?

I wouldn't want to be associated with Penn St in any way. The stink and stigma on them won't go away for decades! This isn't your typical "sports scandal." People who think they will bounce back quick once the penalties expire are nuts.

Let them be the Big 10's problem

Their scout board seems to love the ACC idea IF ND joins as a full member. Personally I LOVE the idea... create the eastern all sport conference they should have created in 1980. They're a much better fit in the ACC than the B1G.

If it weren't for the CIC then I would say it is possible. This would be perfect athletically for an ACC:

Northeast- ND, SU, BC, MD
MidAtlantic- PSU, VT, UVA, Pitt
Carolinas- Clemson, UNC, NC St, Duke
South- FSU, Miami, GA Tech, Wake

Pods allow you to play everyone once in three years. A North/South split would be nice but UVA has to play UNC so that ends that. Play 8 games- seven division plus one permanent rival. It also works for BBall.

FB rivals:

ND-Pitt, PSU-SU, UVA-UNC, NC St-Wake, Clemson-GA Tech, BC-Miami, VT-FSU, MD-Duke

If PedSt were in, I'd want out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I realize they are tainted goods but long term would Ped State ever consider a fresh start and come back east especially in light of the fact that within 10 years or less ND is going to be a full member?
They can want whatever they want, but they are indeed toxic right now and no one else would take them. I don't know how long it will take that stink to come off them. I don't want them in right now, for sure.

If PedSt were in, I'd want out.

Why? Because of the past? Bees what went on there is beyond comprehension but do you really think that an entire school should be punished forever for the twisted and horrible actions of a few coaches and administrators? Penn State isnt the only place that Joe Pa was treated as a God. For gosh sakes most of the Presidents over the last 40 years have sung his praise. He was honored and revered by many of the leaders of this nation and many of the leaders of the majority of colleges and Universities across our country. I realize what went on there is horrible but i for one do not think that Penn State students faculty or Alum should be painted with the same brush as those who allowed this to happen. Im not sure how many German posters we have on this board but should all Germans be forever condemned because of the past?

Why? Because of the past? Bees what went on there is beyond comprehension but do you really think that an entire school should be punished forever for the twisted and horrible actions of a few coaches and administrators? Penn State isnt the only place that Joe Pa was treated as a God. For gosh sakes most of the Presidents over the last 40 years have sung his praise. He was honored and revered by many of the leaders of this nation and many of the leaders of the majority of colleges and Universities across our country. I realize what went on there is horrible but i for one do not think that Penn State students faculty or Alum should be painted with the same brush as those who allowed this to happen. Im not sure how many German posters we have on this board but should all Germans be forever condemned because of the past?

Yes. Some of their board members and many of their fans convince me every day that I hold the proper opinion.

I wouldn't want to be associated with Penn St in any way. The stink and stigma on them won't go away for decades! This isn't your typical "sports scandal." People who think they will bounce back quick once the penalties expire are nuts.

Let them be the Big 10's problem

Don't be silly. It'll go away in a few years. For God's sake, Baylor covered up a murder of one of their players and they were back in the top 10 just a few years later. It's not like anybody had a problem with Baylor hoops last season.

this is a fascinating and unique thought.

how about penn st to the ACC??

wow, just how the F did we ever not discuss that???

:bang::bat::bang::bat::bang:

Oh Lord

Why would leaving the Big Ten help Penn State?

Cost of travel, for sure.

I know for a fact that not everyone in the Ath Dept there was a fan of being in the B1G. I also know that while JoePa was there, there was no leaving.

I don't think they would leave, but I would never say never.

They will never leave voluntarily. If they get booted from the B1G (which wont happen) then yes they would look at the ACC.

Cost of travel, for sure.

I know for a fact that not everyone in the Ath Dept there was a fan of being in the B1G. I also know that while JoePa was there, there was no leaving.

I don't think they would leave, but I would never say never.

I have not gotten to it yet, but apparently in the Paterno Bio, it indicates that Joe tried to get PSU to leave the Big Ten at some point.

His request was rejected.

I think the Big Ten academic connections are very strong and very helpful to PSU.

I don't think there is any chance of a departure from that league.

Don't be silly. It'll go away in a few years. For God's sake, Baylor covered up a murder of one of their players and they were back in the top 10 just a few years later. It's not like anybody had a problem with Baylor hoops last season.
This is way different. You had a mega name involved with this story like Paterno that just had this story be 100X bigger than anything that took place at Baylor It was a story that captivated the country for a year and now more. The Baylor thing was a pimple on the ass of a story like this. Not even close to being the same.

I have no idea thats why i asked the question one thought would be a better fit from an eastern location another might be more money a third might be a complete break from the past. What are your thoughts?

no, psu would not leave the B1g, and no, ND won't be a acc football member in 10 years.

They can want whatever they want, but they are indeed toxic right now and no one else would take them. I don't know how long it will take that stink to come off them. I don't want them in right now, for sure.
This is absolutely not true. The ACC would LOVE to have PSU. It just won't happen, because the B1G is possibly the most stable conference in existance. PSU will never leave.

Their scout board seems to love the ACC idea IF ND joins as a full member. Personally I LOVE the idea... create the eastern all sport conference they should have created in 1980. They're a much better fit in the ACC than the B1G.
In no way are they a better fit in the ACC than B1G. SC has a midwestern feel (I lived there), PSU is a HUGE research state institution. That SCREAMS B1G. PSU has NOTHING in common with Duke, WF, and BC. It doesn't has very much in common with SU (anymore...trust me, I've gone to both schools). And, other than good football, it has nothing in common with ND and Miami. Also, PSU hates Pitt, and if you ask 9/10 PSU grads, and 9/10 Pitt grads, they will tell you that the two schools have nothing in common, other than a location in the same state. The idea of being in the same conference as FSU is also not appealing to PSU (bad academics, far away location, and Bobby Bowden).

Have you read the new book on Paterno?

No. Don't have any desire. Its his life story in mostly his words. I am SURE he's not going to admit to allowing child rape for 3 decades. Being conservative I'm going to say 100 boys were molested because of Pedterno. Is that in the book?

No. Don't have any desire. Its his life story in mostly his words. I am SURE he's not going to admit to allowing child rape for 3 decades. Being conservative I'm going to say 100 boys were molested because of Pedterno. Is that in the book?

It's actually a biography by a respected sports journalist.

I have just started reading, but I can tell already that the author does not hold the opinions that you hold.

I'll keep you updated.