Credit where Credit is Due | Syracusefan.com

Credit where Credit is Due

I've been very critical of JB this season and I was wrong. Getting this team, this far, just may be his best coaching job yet. JB can keep coaching til he's 100 years old as far as I'm concerned.
Some of the criticism is warranted but one thing I think not a single fan can question is this teams heart. All season this teams heart has totally surpassed the talent. Heart and the D are coming through.

Some of the criticism is warranted but one thing I think not a single fan can question is this teams heart. All season this teams heart has totally surpassed the talent. Heart and the D are coming through.
I don't think we are all that untalented. We do have two NBA players.

I don't think we are all that untalented. We do have two NBA players.
The offense talent is lacking outside of two or three players. If you put the heart on a team like last season we would have lived up to JB preseason quote of...best team he ever had.

I've been very critical of JB this season and I was wrong. Getting this team, this far, just may be his best coaching job yet. JB can keep coaching til he's 100 years old as far as I'm concerned.

Love him or hate him Jimmy always has his teams ready to play come tournament time

Wizard level getting this team to the sweet 16.

We just beat a 3 seed in a road game with a walk-on at PG for 6:30 minutes while giving up 20 odd offensive rebounds. If we rebounded at even a mediocre rate, they wouldn’t have broken 40 points. Even as it is, they got more than 10% of their total offensive output on banked in 3’s.

We just beat a 3 seed in a road game with a walk-on at PG for 6:30 minutes while giving up 20 odd offensive rebounds. If we rebounded at even a mediocre rate, they wouldn’t have broken 40 points. Even as it is, they got more than 10% of their total offensive output on banked in 3’s.

No argument. I do think that the third game against a top 50(?) team in five days, all of them on the road had an impact. The guys were dead tired from all that, but they won because they didn't let that be an excuse. Or those banked-in threes. :)

They rebounded 56% of their own missed shots. That’s not a typo. And somehow, we still won. What a crazy year this has been...

Defensive effort this tournament has been fantastic!!! Can’t imagine how taxing this stretch has been. Props to Bourama for gutting it out. Was not worried when Frank went out.

Coaches deserve a lot of credit galvanizing the team and believing. Of course the players do too. Lot of heart.

The offense. I can’t tell if it is JB genius/strategy or just copping out and settling. It’s just crazy how we literally do not move the ball at all, stand, and ISO it as the shot clock goes down. I’ll quit while I’m ahead so I don’t get banned. Survive and advance!!

Well, that would place you in a distinct minority :D

Telling the truth. We are all ISO anyways. Oshae and Tyus are better with that stuff late game. Didn’t need him at that juncture.

Last edited:
Well, that would place you in a distinct minority :D
Seriously. I thought JB would put Moyer in, push Marek to the top of the zone, a d just have Battle do all the ball-handling. Bayer didn't hurt us, and actually contributed at the very end.

Defensive effort this tournament has been fantastic!!! Can’t imagine how taxing this stretch has been. Props to Bourama for gutting it out. Was not worried when Frank went out.

Coaches deserve a lot of credit galvanizing the team and believing. Of course the players do too. Lot of heart.

The offense. I can’t tell if it is JB genius/strategy or just copping out and settling. It’s just crazy how we literally do not move the ball at all, stand, and ISO it as the shot clock goes down. I’ll quit while I’m ahead so I don’t get banned. Survive and advance!!
Agreed. I posted in another thread, the zone has just been different in the last 7 or 8 games. So active and intense. I don't know if the team finally bought in, or if everything has finally clicked. Whatever it is, I hope it continues.

Let’s just see if CuseCPT can remember this. I suspect he and the rest of the JB complainers will be back to their old tricks after the next loss.

Agreed. I posted in another thread, the zone has just been different in the last 7 or 8 games. So active and intense. I don't know if the team finally bought in, or if everything has finally clicked. Whatever it is, I hope it continues.

Lately, at times, it almost looks like they switch to man inside it. Like if the opposition spaces their players in the four corners they just switch to man, especially the guards and the forward on the play side. It really is the best I've seen it. Incredible.

You're such a ray of sunshine.
Watch and see what happens. Apologies an d “I was wrong” come cheap.

Leopards don’t change their spots and critics stay critics. They criticize because they don’t handle frustration well or they are self-aggrandizing, insisting they know better than JB.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad, but true, tidings.

Leopards don’t change their spots and critics stay critics. They criticize because they don’t handle frustration well or they are self-aggrandizing, insisting they know better than JB.

I bet you could pick a fight with an empty room.

Yeah, people, apologize and admit they were wrong on the internet all the time. You're right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom