Critical. Hands to face call | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Critical. Hands to face call

if you stick your hand in the shoulder pads and shove up it would like like this too. it might well have been a good call, its just one that is ignored 95% of the game

if you stick your hand in the shoulder pads and shove up it would like like this too. it might well have been a good call, its just one that is ignored 95% of the game
That is exactly what 79 Guidice did ( not 72 Clark ) hand was on the upper chest look at the ref's angle he just made an assumption instead of seeing the call.
If I was anal enough I could take a slow motion shot too to prove my point versus the previous photo, but really why bother, it does not change the call.
It was not a horrible miss by the ref I can see where it came from but it was a missed call that came at a critical time for SU. The ACC refs have not been kind to SU this year, I'm still waiting for it to balance out!

That is exactly what 79 Guidice did ( not 72 Clark ) hand was on the upper chest look at the ref's angle he just made an assumption instead of seeing the call.
If I was anal enough I could take a slow motion shot too to prove my point versus the previous photo, but really why bother, it does not change the call.
It was not a horrible miss by the ref I can see where it came from but it was a missed call that came at a critical time for SU. The ACC refs have not been kind to SU this year, I'm still waiting for it to balance out!
It won't balance out...

To be fair, they haven't been kind to anyone, they have been beyond terrible all season long. Every Acc fanbase feels the same way.

Watching the replay Guidice's upper hand is on the Clemson centers upper chest, center rolls his head back due to the bull rush, Guidice's hand never goes to head.
Ref saw head go back and made the assumption of hand to face. Missed call!
Agree. Actually an OL coach should instruct their guys to do the fake head snap backwards during critical 3rd down passing plays.

CIL said:
The issue is consistency. There was a play later in the game that led to a Clemson FG where Clemson clearly had a lineman blocking 5 yards downfield on a forward pass. It was obvious because it was right in front of the ref and directly effected the outcome of the play. That has to be called.
They actually had linemen downfield every time they ran that pass play where Watson takes off as if it's a run and then passes about a yard from the LOS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom