Cross Brantley off the list of MM attendees | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cross Brantley off the list of MM attendees

Great news on Ennis. I know Francis is high on him, so fingers crossed.

Ennis is wayyyyyy better than Brantley IMHO. Glad to see SU is involved in this one :)

Probably the #1 PG out of Canada. All of a sudden we are being inundated with guards ... which ain't bad

he has the opportunity to become the greatest canadian since... ever i guess... canada sucks.

he has the opportunity to become the greatest canadian since... ever i guess... canada sucks.

8287343-small.jpg

Kris: "It's ok, bro he just forgot. He just forgot..."
Andy: "I know, it's just...ugh..."

Wow... talk about hurting feelings ... other than KJo and Andy ... there is Steve Nash, Rick Fox, Tristan Thompson (Texas), Cory Joseph (Texas), Myck Kabongo (Texas) Kevin Pangos, Greg Wiltjer (Kentucky) and, oh yes, did I mention KJo and Andy. But we all know you were just kidding. ;)

Jerami Grant will be here as well according to his coach. Hopefully he puts in a good word for us and gets to know Noel and Okonoboh...

Would you please explain this rather "out there" comment.
grew up playing hockey... it was just a joke. I love my orange canadians... outside of that... not so much.

I am behind the times here, obviously. CBS Sports reports that Goodluck Okonoboh (he of the great name and smile) will be at MM as well. He is probably traveling down with Noel (He also of the great name and phenomenol basketball skills who we want very very much).

I'm not understanding this... What has UConn's MM got going for it. Now Brantley along with Amile Jefferson, Kuran Iverson and a bunch of others scheduled for UConn MM. What is te draw. Sometimes I think that the recruits draw each other as opposed to the actual happenings of the MM. We obviously have the best MM going and we only draw 2 recruits (altho those recruits ain't bad) ... but UConn and Kentucky have a slate full of recruits.

Just saw a couple of his tweets from the weekend and sounds like he was disappointed that he couldn't make our MM with his boys.

Jaybrant2 Jaylen Brantley

@

@Goodlucko_12 word I bet I'm tight I aint there. I'm guessing yall not coming through tomorrow?
14 Oct

Then when someone asked him why he wasn't at SU MM he replies

Jaybrant2 Jaylen Brantley

@

@DenzelWashingtn was suppose to no ride so I went to Uconn's instead
14 Oct

So I think it's safe to say that he preferred to be at the Dome over Uconn on Friday night. Interesting thing is by missing and Ennis popping in has his ship sailed if there is indeed strong mutual interest between us and Ennis? Another thing that might factor in though is the idea of Brantley and Noel as being a package deal. I'm assuming if we get Brantley that helps our chances immensely with Noel, but if Noel reclassifies to '12 all this goes out the window because he wouldn't be here when Brantley gets to school anyways more than likely.

That is a shame re: Brantley not being able to catch a ride ... Surely there is some way we can get these kids here without breaking NCAA rules (that UConn and Kentucky seem to easily circumvent) ... especially if they really want to come. I have no idea of his background but I wonder why his parents couldn'thave gotten him here. I wonder how Nerlens and Goodluck got here ... oh, well. I feel bad for the kid b/c it sounds like he really wanted to come.

That is a shame re: Brantley not being able to catch a ride ... Surely there is some way we can get these kids here without breaking NCAA rules (that UConn and Kentucky seem to easily circumvent) ... especially if they really want to come. I have no idea of his background but I wonder why his parents couldn'thave gotten him here. I wonder how Nerlens and Goodluck got here ... oh, well. I feel bad for the kid b/c it sounds like he really wanted to come.
definitely encouraging to hear, there's always next year's madness.

I like how we're involved in these top new england prospects. gotta protect the home turf, and invade uconn's territory

I have a question for the posters ... if a kid makes an "official" visit to a school who foots the bill and whois responsible for getting him there?

I have a question for the posters ... if a kid makes an "official" visit to a school who foots the bill and whois responsible for getting him there?

The school but each kid is limited to a certain number of official visits. I'm not sure what that number is but its not that high probably 4-5 or so.

The school but each kid is limited to a certain number of official visits. I'm not sure what that number is but its not that high probably 4-5 or so.
Pretty sure it's 5