Crowd is mediocre so far :( | Syracusefan.com

Crowd is mediocre so far :(

Sometimes the crowd needs to get the team going and it did not happen today. Give me 7000 passionate fans rather than what we had today.

you know what i will agree the energy was really bad at least from my living rooms perspective.. that said give me dunks and attacking the rim vs long 3s all day.. at least until we have a deadeye shooter

Hard to blame the crowd. They came out with pretty good energy but this was a hard game to really get up for most of the time

Agreed Orangezoo on the gameplay. The Dome has meant a great deal to SU but this is the type of game where a smaller arena like Cameron Indoor or someplace similar is an advantage over what we had today. The crowds of the 80's far surpassed what we had today IMHO.

I was there. We were all set to go! Crowd roared when Triche and Southerland scored. But in the second half we became anxious. Can't blame the crowd. Ugly uninspiring game.

Kind of hard when some people in the dome complain about you yelling and they have the cops come to tell you to calm down. Some hardcore fans up here I tell ya.

Crowd was fine, I gave it my all yelling at GTown players pregame and got a minor warning but someone had to do it. Unreal how the times have changed in the Dome though, I will give you that. 10 years ago I would be yelling with 20 other people, now it was me looking like a jackass shouting at GTown players. At least I got a few laughs out of some faithfuls.

hard to blame the crowd when both teams were just standing around for 35 seconds and jacking up 3s. the shot clock needs to go down to 30 or 24 seconds. it's like watching lacrosse these days.

Crowd was fine, I gave it my all yelling at GTown players pregame and got a minor warning but someone had to do it. Unreal how the times have changed in the Dome though, I will give you that. 10 years ago I would be yelling with 20 other people, now it was me looking like a jackass shouting at GTown players. At least I got a few laughs out of some faithfuls.

You got a warning? For what? Since when are you not allowed to yell at opposing players?

when G'town first emerged from the tunnel for the layup lines that was some intense boo-ing.

Sick of people like this, Syracuse is the no fun zone. What was with the cops directing traffic every which way after the game last night?

Can't blame the crowd. We tried to get into it over and over bit the pace and ugliness of the game took the air out of the Dome every time we had momentum.

Exactly, every time SU scored the place lit up with excitement. The problem was we couldnt score twice in a row to save our lives in this one. As Porter kept knocking down shots, the crowds energy was limited as anxiety rose, and our team kept missing shots.

It wasn't a crowd issue. Every time something positive happened we lit up. The problem was there wasn't a lot of positive possessions for us yesterday.

I was seriously told "down in front" with like 5 min left. No joke.

I agree. I never have loved the Syracuse crowd in the Dome. Crowd was much more lively when we were at Manley. Smaller venues are more intimidating. Watch the crowd on tv, and count how many fans are sitting there with their hands folded in their laps. When the camera pans back it looks like a still photo of the crowd; no one is moving. People DO need to stand up and cheer more. There were several times the crowd stood up to cheer and then sat right back down before anything else happened. We have all heard that the crowd is the 6th man, and how many times have you heard a player state that the crowd carried them thru a tough game. The crowd is not to be blamed for the loss, but lively fans could have helped, and maybe made a difference.

The only way the crowd could have helped win this game was by Melo stealing anyone's jersey and sneaking on the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom