Crushing loss | Syracusefan.com

Crushing loss

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Amazing comeback, but just a brutal ending.

That turnover by Chukwu cannot happen. Ever. These are little, simple things that cost us basketball games. I can't believe it.

Huge props to everyone for the fight but at the end of the day, we had this game. This one hurts after that comeback.

Defense was the worst I have seen all season, by far, for 35 minutes. Amazing it takes our head coach so long sometimes to switch things up.

Ugh.

Amazing comeback, but just a brutal ending.

That turnover by Chukwu cannot happen. Ever. These are little, simple things that cost us basketball games. I can't believe it.

Huge props to everyone for the fight but at the end of the day, we had this game. This one hurts after that comeback.

Defense was the worst I have seen all season, by far, for 35 minutes. Amazing it takes our head coach so long sometimes to switch things up.

Ugh.
It was a great effort tonight. We are not as talented as UNC and we fought back and made some mistakes in the end unfortunately. Really proud of the effort though. If we play like this at BC and against Clemson we win both games.

It was a great effort tonight. We are not as talented as UNC and we fought back and made some mistakes in the end unfortunately. Really proud of the effort though. If we play like this at BC and against Clemson we win both games.

Those are huge ifs. Which is why this is tough to swallow.

Those are huge ifs. Which is why this is tough to swallow.
It was another missed opportunity to end a game. I will be honest before the season I picked us to go 8-10 and thought we might get to 9-9 and I thought we would lost a lot more games by 8-12 points that we have lost by 2-6. Missed opportunities.

That turnover by Chukwu cannot happen.

Without Chukwu's defensive play in the last few minutes we lose by 10. He played his heart out and left it all out on the floor. I lost respect for JB tonight. He had no business getting on Chukwu at the end. The coach failed to call a scoring play.

Majorly out-coached unfortunately

20 points minimum to the other team by refusing to have an alternate defense to go to

This league is big boy every game and we gotta get ready

Without Chukwu's defensive play in the last few minutes we lose by 10. He played his heart out and left it all out on the floor. I lost respect for JB tonight. He had no business getting on Chukwu at the end. The coach failed to call a scoring play.
Coach shouldn't have had Paschal on the floor at all there.

It's on the coach and the rest of the players for not calling a timeout or coming to the ball. This is simple stuff. Chukwu has to be a lot stronger with the ball, but he got little help.

It was another missed opportunity to end a game. I will be honest before the season I picked us to go 8-10 and thought we might get to 9-9 and I thought we would lost a lot more games by 8-12 points that we have lost by 2-6. Missed opportunities.
Thing that sucks is we havent been blown out once this season...maybe the 2nd Virginia game. Every game we have been within striking distance. Last year was hot and cold.

He was yelling at him because he didn't set the screen that he was supposed to set. He should have said oh it's cool you played well the previous 5 minutes. Come on.

You're right, I'm sure JB called for a 28 footer on that last possesion after Chu set the screen to high.

"That turnover by Chukwu cannot happen."

Those aren't my words but a paste from post #1 to which I was responding. Chukwu had one of his better defensive games, especially during the last comeback.

We didn't have this game. We had an opportunity to steal this game thanks to Carolina going brain dead. Still good effort but we were never in control of the game.

They really did! What were they thinking? All they had to do was settle down after beating the press. They would have won easily.

Can anybody elaborate on the last Chukwu screen/no screen? What exactly happened there? Why would Chukwu not screen when he was told to a few seconds before? I didn’t really see this being on him.

Can anybody elaborate on the last Chukwu screen/no screen? What exactly happened there? Why would Chukwu not screen when he was told to a few seconds before? I didn’t really see this being on him.

It's non sequitor. We never create anything off the screen because they just hedge effectively because chukwu with the ball 22 feet away is a gift

It's another bad coaching decision frankly

Big time coaches analyzing that decision amongst themselves would be like "why do that then"

I need to re watch it and I could be mistaken but it looked like he was supposed to set a screen for Battle and then we he didn't Howard decided to settle for the 3 with Berry on him after Berry and May switched back. That is what it looked like to me.

It's non sequitor. We never create anything off the screen because they just hedge effectively because chukwu with the ball 22 feet away is a gift

It's another bad coaching decision frankly

Big time coaches analyzing that decision amongst the we,vets would be like "why do that then"

I mean Dakich was saying what we were all saying either at home or at the game. Lose the Chukwu screen and stop bringing Maye to a ballhandler. Nope. Idiotic.

I need to re watch it and I could be mistaken but it looked like he was supposed to set a screen for Battle and then we he didn't Howard decided to settle for the 3 with Berry on him after Berry and May switched back. That is what it looked like to me.

That would be a new wrinkle for Boeheim...Chukwu setting an off ball screen on a game deciding play. So dumb. He’s further away from any potential rebound as well.

I thought it was a great effort. If just one of Battle's 3's go in and or Chukwu doesn't turn the ball over at the end, and it's a different story. We might be celebrating tonight.

I thought the play at the end was poor though. Down only two we didn't need a 3, let alone the 3 Frank took. I thought Frank was great tonight, but that was not the right shot.

All things considered, we gave a great effort and lost to a better team. We'll get'em next year... it sucks because I now have to listen to another year of smack from the Heels fans here in NC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom