Cruz | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cruz

Oregon had a player throw a punch aftermath of their loss today.

Cruz's father
Hitting people is wrong, and people need to resolve their disputes without violence. However, if you spit in someones face, then you better expect to get punched in the face. Under those circumstances, I reserve the right to have exactly ZERO sympathy for the spitter.

Hitting people is wrong, and people need to resolve their disputes without violence. However, if you spit in someones face, then you better expect to get punched in the face. Under those circumstances, I reserve the right to have exactly ZERO sympathy for the spitter.
Technically, isn’t the sport of football resolving a dispute with violence? ;)

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Bunch of softies.

Only thing he messed up on was not yanking that kid’s helmet off first.

Yeah I was actually hoping for a kick to the nuts too since those swings to the helmet weren’t going to do much

Yes, because no one on this board ever over reacted to a provocation when they were 19. Spit in the face is tough to walk away from, but can’t defend the reaction. Having had the opportunity to get to know him this year I can guarantee that no one feels worse than Enrique. And no. I don’t think you pull the scholarship from a future NFL player.
Ya, he’s fine. He’ll learn from it. Honestly he handled it much better than 19 year old me would have handled it. Hell he probably handled it better than 30 year old me would have handled it.

Technically, isn’t the sport of football resolving a dispute with violence? ;)
A9CFCE55-592B-4E8E-A526-598F19A8166A.gif

#6 is a dirty player. He was in on a lot of stuff all night long. On the play before the spit, he puts one of our OL in a headlock.

He also went high in Shrader (thank you) and changed the momentum of the game.

And then after the game he sucker punches one of our guys.

Last edited:
#6 is a dirty player. He was in on a lot of stuff all night long. On the player before the spit, he puts one of our OL in a headlock.

He also went high in Shrader (thank you) and changed the momentum of the game.

And then after the game he sucker punches one of our guys.
Kid should be booted. Way out of control.

Same dude that spit in his face, Donovan Ezeiruaku, took a swing at someone mid brawl
He also had the late hit against Shrader that gave SU a 1st down and kept the drive alive. However if you have
Same dude that spit in his face, Donovan Ezeiruaku, took a swing at someone mid brawl
There are so many issues with #6, Ezeiruaku. The kid is a problem for his team.
  1. He should have at least had a penalty BEFORE that play. You can't see it in the regular play but when they show the replay of Ellis holding/pancaking on the TD to Gadsen that was called back, you can also see Ezeiruaku engaged with Bleich and taking a two handed cheap shot to his head well after the play was dead. At best for BC, it would have only been offsetting penalties. If could have and maybe should have been worse for them.
  2. The next play, he then most likely spit at Cruz. Right away I figured it was something serious; no way any player just starts throwing punches like that without something serious. And no I don't think you lose a scholarship. He served his time by leaving the game.
  3. The late hit on Shrader that kept a critical drive alive for SU in the 3rd quarter. While it wasn't that hard, it is a textbook example of what they know not to do.
  4. Post-game skirmish: He was in there, pulled back a little and then took a cheap shot at Darton when he wasn't even looking. Completely bush league.
Granted, the SU players acted like complete morons as well, and Cruz's reaction was not perfect. But Ezeiruaku was by far the bigger a-hole in multiple exchanges. SU should discipline their players but BC's punishment should be much stronger. Like Durham of Purdue, his stupidity may have cost them the game even though they are both talented players. Wonder if he'll get the same treatment next year in the dome as Central Michigan's LB Stanitzek did after the hit on Dungey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom