Cupcake down | Syracusefan.com

Cupcake down

Cue the 'clutch & grab' whiners but Pitt is a good D. Good win but SHU's D is terrible. No resistance anywhere.

I'm more bothered by the constant moving screens at the top of the zone that never get called

I love the win. I love that we shot well. I love that Brandon Triche played very well, for the most part.

However, I feel the need to point out that we shot something like 55-60% from the field and hit 9-of-15 threes and still only beat a team that went 3-15 in the conference by 12, so in the words of Winston Wolfe...well, I'll let him tell you himself (at about the 16 second mark):

I love the win. I love that we shot well. I love that Brandon Triche played very well, for the most part.

However, I feel the need to point out that we shot something like 55-60% from the field and hit 9-of-15 threes and still only beat a team that went 3-15 in the conference by 12, so in the words of Winston Wolfe...well, I'll let him tell you himself (at about the 16 second mark):

If it makes you feel better, seton hall would've beat pitt today

However, I feel the need to point out that we shot something like 55-60% from the field and hit 9-of-15 threes and still only beat a team that went 3-15 in the conference by 12
yeah, and SH just played like @ss in the 1st half

Its going to be physical. We need to get seperation and knock down some jumpers or finish through the physical plays. The team needs to expect the latter.

I loved the way we played in the second half, really dominated the game... BUT it was against the Hall.

Beat Pitt tomorrow, a team that we match up terribly against and I'll be impressed and proclaim us "back".

One thing to notice is Pitt will play man, maybe that will help ball movement. No matter what, MCW will have to be just as good as he was today.

Confidence is a huge thing. Hopefully they start rusty and we come out confidence and make shots.

We need to kick ass and take names tomorrow. We better not pus sy out and let them do what they dis to us last game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankly, from here on out, we could not have gotten a worse draw.

Pitt has been our nemesis for the last few years; and, if we get by them, we are looking at Georgetown who absolutely has our number this year.

I already think I know everything I need to know about this year's squad :( , but pull out these two wins and I will gladly eat a heaping helping of crow

Frankly, from here on out, we could not have gotten a worse draw.

Pitt has been our nemesis for the last few years; and, if we get by them, we are looking at Georgetown who absolutely has our number this year.

I already think I know everything I need to know about this year's squad :( , but pull out these two wins and I will gladly eat a heaping helping of crow

I just want to see them play tough, attack, and be in the game until the end.

I want a reason to be excited about march madness.

Cuse beating a good team would do it.

One thing to notice is Pitt will play man, maybe that will help ball movement. No matter what, MCW will have to be just as good as he was today.

Pitt zoned us all game in their win at the Pete. Granted South was out then (that is an awesome double entendre you are all welcome) , but still, I bet they mix and play at least half zone.

I loved the way we played in the second half, really dominated the game... BUT it was against the Hall.

Beat Pitt tomorrow, a team that we match up terribly against and I'll be impressed and proclaim us "back".

Confidence is a huge thing. Hopefully they start rusty and we come out confidence and make shots.

I agree. We have to come out and jump on them this afternoon. I don't want to try to play from behind against Pitt.

Pitt zoned us all game in their win at the Pete. Granted South was out then (that is an awesome double entendre you are all welcome) , but still, I bet they mix and play at least half zone.

You're absolutely right, I just hope they play man today. MCW is a different player when facing zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom