Current Division 1 jobs openings | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Current Division 1 jobs openings

I wouldn't be surprised if Niagara goes after Gmac, Rautins and Beilien. Both Rautins and Beilien have connections to Niagara and the area.

Fairfield, Troy and Mercer jobs are open as well.

Fairfield, Troy and Mercer jobs are open as well.

I was wondering if my Mercer Bears would make a move on Bob Hoffman. I felt they underachieved big time last year and didn't have a good year this year. Be interesting to see who they get down in Macon.

Coaching hot seat is going to be an interesting one this year. I'd be as skittish as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs if I were on a hiring committee. If we hire him, will he show up on an FBI wiretap?
That would help those who have (or are perceived to have) clean reputations.

Young Beilein may be a candidate at Niagara and Fairfield.

I was wondering if my Mercer Bears would make a move on Bob Hoffman. I felt they underachieved big time last year and didn't have a good year this year. Be interesting to see who they get down in Macon.

A name to watch for Mercer is Luke Murray, son of this guy:

206FDAF9-BE5D-421A-B283-2F0A3F9EADAC.jpeg

I wouldn't be surprised if Niagara goes after Gmac, Rautins and Beilien. Both Rautins and Beilien have connections to Niagara and the area.

Rautins throwing his hat in the ring for a low level head coaching job? That seems really strange to me.

First, he's already 58 seems awfully advanced to be getting into the college coaching game for the first time.
Second, seems like a step down from coaching the Canadian National Team and his jobs in professional basketball and broadcasting, but maybe those jobs weren't as good as they seemed.

You guys openly rooting for GMAC and AUTRY to get jobs, not because it would be good to see our own continue their career trajectory, but because you want to replace them with an unknown commodity is the definition of a hot take.

I’m going to pretend the last 7 minutes of my life reading this thread didn’t happen. Sad that I will never get that time back.

You guys openly rooting for GMAC and AUTRY to get jobs, not because it would be good to see our own continue their career trajectory, but because you want to replace them with an unknown commodity is the definition of a hot take.

I’m going to pretend the last 7 minutes of my life reading this thread didn’t happen. Sad that I will never get that time back.
Lol?
What you think it has to be clearly stated either of them getting HC would be good for their careers? That is kind of obvious.
It is also the only way we see any changes within the program.
What do you want people to say fire those guys so we can change assistant coaches?
My god either of them getting HC jobs would obviously be good for their careers and it would allow for new blood within the program.
If you think the status quo is working then you are in the minority.

Lol?
What you think it has to be clearly stated either of them getting HC would be good for their careers? That is kind of obvious.
It is also the only way we see any changes within the program.
What do you want people to say fire those guys so we can change assistant coaches?
My god either of them getting HC jobs would obviously be good for their careers and it would allow for new blood within the program.
If you think the status quo is working then you are in the minority.

I guess I am in the minority... I like our staff.

I guess I am in the minority... I like our staff.
JB himself said we have a talent issue on his last radio show.
Plus player development has been poor.
Our staff could use fresh blood and an assistant who can help with the offense.

Yep
Rautins throwing his hat in the ring for a low level head coaching job? That seems really strange to me.

First, he's already 58 seems awfully advanced to be getting into the college coaching game for the first time.
Second, seems like a step down from coaching the Canadian National Team and his jobs in professional basketball and broadcasting, but maybe those jobs weren't as good as they seemed.
Apparently he was a Niagara basketball camper back in the Niagara Glory days, and his older brother played for NU.

It will be interesting who Boston College could hire to replace Christian.
He took over a dumpster fire and has made BC below mediocre but they need a new coach.

Zagoria tweeted that Leo Rautins "might be in the mix" for the Niagara HC job.

That's about as non-committal as it gets. I "might be in the mix" for that job too, Adam.
Leo's son Sam plays at Canisius (freshman)....that would be something, NU and Canisius bitter crosstown rivals. But a transfer and chance to coach his son could be in the cards.

Clemson and Wake should be looking for coaches. Brownell has been on the hot seat before and had 5 returning seniors and was ranked preseason, they shat the bed and lost a must win game today after blowing a huge lead. He gone and the cupboard is really bare.

Look, it's only 7 minutes

I think these are the programs to watch. Some like UCLA and A&M will clearly be looking. Some are up in the air depending if their team makes the dance like Pitino and Minnesota. Here is what I got:

Arizona
UCLA
USC
Clemson
Wake
Nebraska
Texas A&M
BC
Washington State
Minnesota
Cal

Coaching hot seat is going to be an interesting one this year. I'd be as skittish as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs if I were on a hiring committee. If we hire him, will he show up on an FBI wiretap?
You have to think the same thing about your current coach, don't you?

Why don’t Griff, Red, and GMAC all go get different jobs! Let’s blow up the whole assistant group, for real though

Not a good idea.

Stability is very important in recruiting

Geographically Niagara is probably the most appealing job to Leo he'd likely commute from his current house most days. Would probably pair well with his Canadian National Team gig. K didn't quit Duke to coach USA.

Niagara should hire him given how close they are to Canada and that recruiting angle. MAAC isn't an awful league in general but its down right now its been better in the past and it hasn't been raided looks to me like an easy enough place to win.

I think these are the programs to watch. Some like UCLA and A&M will clearly be looking. Some are up in the air depending if their team makes the dance like Pitino and Minnesota. Here is what I got:

Arizona
UCLA
USC
Clemson
Wake
Nebraska
Texas A&M
BC
Washington State
Minnesota
Cal

LOL Brownell and Billy Kennedy on the hot seat at schools that only care about hoops. Not a chance they might get extensions. Pitino Jr is safe and I think Christian is fine at BC.

Manning might get canned. I don't think Wake can poach from a major program at this stage CP3 was a long time ago.

There was talk 2 years ago around UNR about Musselman going to Cal I wonder if they offer him that job and if he can say no hes losing a ton and their 5 star freshman looks like a dud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom