Current recruiting priorities and question | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Current recruiting priorities and question

Agree but Rak is in a funny situation.
If he sticks around to try to learn how to be a four, but never makes the jump then he won't be drafted on potential as much as stats and leadership as a senior. Say he grows a inch in the offseason and adds a few post moves to average 8 ppg.

People who are drafted on potential ususally go higher in the draft. Personally Rak seeed like a very stationary defender to me. Even in High School he tended to stay in the paint. If he wants to be more mobile and make the jump to the four then he has to Want it and practice out of his comfort zone. I have heard no sign of that at the king of kings from posters, but then again he was working on plays, cuts, and pick and roles with Southerland more focused on this years team.

Trying to understand your post. Agree with this but he is in a predicament so many undersized high school C's have to deal with. His only chance to make it on the next level is at the 4. If he can tweak his game and keep improving then I think a Marvin Williams-type guy is possible. He is the most intriguing to me of our returning guys. I also have to pinch myself all the time because I keep forgetting Cooney will finally be an asset. The spacing should be much better on the floor. This year and the near future is looking awesome!

If we miss out on those two options Kameron Williams, or JaQuan Newton in the '14 class are good options...

You may also want to know about some back up options we have. If we miss out on Lawrence or McCullugh good options are Marcus Lee and Tyler Roberson.

Its simultaneously awesome and worrisome that even our "fallbacks" are top 50 type guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom