Current Staff Composition - Who Would You Replace? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Current Staff Composition - Who Would You Replace?

My concern about the coaching staff for 2022 if Babers is back is can we keep Tony White. I would expect based on the job he has done here and his west coast background he could get a strong look from the next USC head coach. With the amount of money top Power5 teams throw at assistant coaches, this could be the biggest challenge for the program, keeping him against major programs/money offers

My concern about the coaching staff for 2022 if Babers is back is can we keep Tony White. I would expect based on the job he has done here and his west coast background he could get a strong look from the next USC head coach. With the amount of money top Power5 teams throw at assistant coaches, this could be the biggest challenge for the program, keeping him against major programs/money offers
Could be an argument to consider White for the job. He'd be more affordable as a 1st-time HC and could potentially keep our best recruits (Particularly as our best recruits are on the defensive side of the ball) and coaches together. Would people rather lose Babers or White?

Last edited:
An interesting subject…

If we lose Babers, expect to lose White, Monroe and Schmidt. He brought them in and are all marketable. New head coaches like to bring in “their guys”.

If we lose any of those coaches, is it not reasonable to assume we would lose several players to the portal when the coaches and systems change?

Why do people think White is ready to be a HC? I like him and think SU needs to do whatever is necessary to keep him. But, I’m not convinced he’s ready to be a HC.

Why isn’t Lynch getting any credit for Tucker’s development?

With all of the complaining on the forum about play calling, I’m surprised Gilbert’s name is being mentioned to be replaced.

I’m not sure what Ferri does. It’s good to hear he can recruit. Who was the last four star he helped sign? I’m thinking he could probably pick up ST responsibilities and still be able to sign those three star guys.

If you’re one of those posters who thinks we need to improve our recruiting to compete in the ACC, why do we consider guys who only sign three star recruits to be good recruiters?

Since joining the ACC our recruiting classes have consistently been ranked in the bottom third of the conference. Then we complain the team consistently performs in the bottom third of the conference.

didnt white come here to be closer to family?

I think we need another top notch recruiter to get to the next level, and perhaps some role shake-ups.

Gilbert - OC/QB
Schmidt - OL
Lynch - RB
Samuel - WR
Ferri - TE/"Inside Receivers"

White - DC
Reynolds - DL
Achuff - LB
Monroe - S/"Nickel backs"
West - CB

First off, who is doing special teams? Second, given the way that we actually use TE on game day, I think it's a wasted coaching position. Let the OL coach teach them blocking assignments, and the WR coach handle routes etc.

So how good a recruiter is Ferri? Can he handle special teams as more of a full-time assignment?

I think that at the P5 level, especially if you want to be more than middling at best, part of the job description for an assistant coach is to be a strong recruiter. I don't care how nice you are, or how good you are at coaching the position - there has to be some minimum level of strong recruiters on staff. I don't think we're there.

What would you do with the assistant staff line-up this offseason?
Promote white and replace the rest besides monroe

I would’ve had no problem with Reynolds. I think he’d been rumored to be on the chopping block before. I never would’ve considered Ferri though. Gilbert to me should have been the first to go..

I think Gilbert needs to go. Our WRs have been bad should Samuel go? Achuff isn't a 3-3-5 guy should he stay? Our S play has been poor. We need to fix that. Do you move Monroe? If so, where? We definitely need to add a STC.

eafd6bde-1756-4f4e-89fe-3ca4a384c8d7-PA_johnlewis_offthepeg_windows.jpg

I think Gilbert needs to go. Our WRs have been bad should Samuel go? Achuff isn't a 3-3-5 guy should he stay? Our S play has been poor. We need to fix that. Do you move Monroe? If so, where? We definitely need to add a STC.
Lynch should have been the first to go.

Depends on who is the portal. LOL

My preference would be the entire staff including Dino are gone.

If we lose him i bet we lose a few players
He hasn't been a lead recruiter for anyone that I have seen. He was bad as a line coach had Eric for one year as OC, bad in 2019, that's why Gilbert was brought in. He hasn't done much except be on the staff for 6 years. He needs to be gone.

Depends on who is the portal. LOL

My preference would be the entire staff including Dino are gone.
my preference would have been to promote White to HC, he keeps the assistants he wants to keep on the D side and we get a whole new offensive staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom