'Cuse Activates ACCELERATE Program with Launch of NIL | Syracusefan.com

'Cuse Activates ACCELERATE Program with Launch of NIL

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

ACCELERATE is Syracuse University Athletics' official comprehensive Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) educational and empowerment program designed to assist student-athletes in the growth of their personal brand. The program will educate and enable all Orange student-athletes to leverage their name, image and likeness to elevate their personal brand, make a positive impact on their community, and capitalize on earning opportunities from these activities if they so choose.

The ACCELERATE program is designed to provide the necessary educational and implementation tools required to benefit from the modernized and recently updated NCAA Name, Image and Likeness legislation.

"Embracing Name, Image and Likeness opportunities and providing our student-athletes the necessary resources and support to capitalize on opportunities is another step in providing a best-in-class experience for our student-athletes," said Director of Athletics John Wildhack. "We are committed to preparing our student-athletes as leaders in every aspect of their lives. The ACCELERATE program will aid student-athletes in building and leveraging their brand through NIL opportunities."

1625160655228.png

Why can't they essentially hire a team of agents to get deals for the kids?

"Hi this is Niastri from the Syracuse athletic department and I'd like to talk to you about the value of an endorsement deal with (looks at list) our third string wingback on the woman's soccer team... We think she has real potential in getting your brand out there."

Why can't they essentially hire a team of agents to get deals for the kids?

"Hi this is Niastri from the Syracuse athletic department and I'd like to talk to you about the value of an endorsement deal with (looks at list) our third string wingback on the woman's soccer team... We think she has real potential in getting your brand out there."

Younger people consume media via instagram and youtube.

These kids all hold some value to advertisers assuming they have active accounts and such.

Safe to say this “activated” NIL program has fallen on its face?

Safe to say this “activated” NIL program has fallen on its face?

It hasn't gotten us any recruits yet, if that's what you're saying.

I'm sure Buddy will be happy to make some dough this year, though. So, that's fine. Imagine what GMac could have made, with his 20-30 buses from Scranton for every home game!

It hasn't gotten us any recruits yet, if that's what you're saying.

I'm sure Buddy will be happy to make some dough this year, though. So, that's fine. Imagine what GMac could have made, with his 20-30 buses from Scranton for every home game!
how? They are doing exactly what they’re allowed to do.
How Buddy finished last year with national basketball exposure it’s a joke he’s peddling Cheerios and an ugly T-shirt.

How Buddy finished last year with national basketball exposure it’s a joke he’s peddling Cheerios and an ugly T-shirt.

What are the other big names doing? What deals have they lined up so far? Haven't really seen much out there that is a whole lot more exciting so far tbh...

and SU can’t go negotiate deals for him with agents or businesses.

What are the other big names doing? What deals have they lined up so far? Haven't really seen much out there that is a whole lot more exciting so far tbh...
Check out bees post #15.

Check out bees post #15.

That is a cross gender and sport list- some big names. If Buddy Boeheim wasn't Buddy Boeheim I would figure he might garner or chase some bigger deals too. Especially since we aren't talking about a kid left wanting for financial assets.

So far overall I still think it's pretty underwhelming. I mean you have 350 plus NCAA teams in hoops alone and at least likely one player whose marketable in a local and or regional market. Move to power conferences and that becomes national for some. That's just hoops. Yet we have just a handful by comparison of notable deals, doesn't mean they aren't there just you gotta dig likely or they aren't so public.

That was kind of my point. We have heard more about the G League or OT Elite than NIL it seems. I will be curious how much more surfaces come winter. I'd say for now Buddy's NIL deals aren't anything to scoff at considering who he is and the type of kid he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom