'Cuse Activates ACCELERATE Program with Launch of NIL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

'Cuse Activates ACCELERATE Program with Launch of NIL

I imagine we’ll see many more players (Cuse players alike) get better NIL endorsements, when the season comes around and guys start pefroming. Many college athletes still have to prove themselves as top in the sport, before businesses will just throw money at someone. Anyway it’s still the offseason and college b-ball simply isn’t relevant at the national scale this time of year, so we shouldn’t expect NIL deals to be either.

I imagine we’ll see many more players (Cuse players alike) get better NIL endorsements, when the season comes around and guys start pefroming. Many college athletes still have to prove themselves as top in the sport, before businesses will just throw money at someone. Anyway it’s still the offseason and college b-ball simply isn’t relevant at the national scale this time of year, so we shouldn’t expect NIL deals to be either.

That's why we need guys like Weitsman to start setting up those Cayman Islands LLC's to sponsor the next class of recruits.

...waiting for the details of Sunisa Lee's NIL forthcoming deals.
Already going to make somewhere north of $100K for her Dancing with the Stars appearance. That's really just her springboard to the real money, though.

I don’t know much about NIL, but I do design branding and I know ACCELERATE and INFLCR are horrible names.

I do not have a lot of confidence here.

SU just throwing out buzz words to make it look like they're doing something, but once again are caught flat footed.

SU just throwing out buzz words to make it look like they're doing something, but once again are caught flat footed.

what the heck are you guys talking about?

they literally don’t know...
Elaborate then and let us know how our players are ACCELERATING! with NIL. I know Buddy is peddling Cheerios and signing autographs at a mall.

The kid has more value than that between his name and his basketball skill, if he isn’t earning what he should, what’s the next step?

Elaborate then and let us know how our players are ACCELERATING! with NIL. I know Buddy is peddling Cheerios and signing autographs at a mall.

The kid has more value than that between his name and his basketball skill, if he isn’t earning what he should, what’s the next step?

well you’re knocking SU for something the P12 NETWORK is doing. Maybe you should ask ask why isn’t the ACC NETWORK doing something similar instead of knocking SU. BTW, can you tell me what ACC players are doing more so than SU?

well you’re knocking SU for something the P12 NETWORK is doing. Maybe you should ask ask why isn’t the ACC NETWORK doing something similar instead of knocking SU. BTW, can you tell me what ACC players are doing more so than SU?
He’s talking about ACCELERATE. Isn‘t that our program?

Instead of telling us we don’t know stuff, could you tell us stuff so we would know? Please?

And it doesn’t really matter what we are or aren’t doing relative to the ACC. We are either going to get players good enough to compete in our full schedule, including NCAAs, or we aren’t. The players we are recruiting, by abe large, are entertaining offers from non-ACC schools. Would be great if the ACC Network was doing us similar favors, too. I would expect SU would have some role in making that happen, but as the article on that topic says, that is a unique deal. Point is, we need to be active, proactive, and aggressive, and those of us who aren’t super plugged-in to all of this aren’t seeing us in ‘winning‘ posture. I have done not more than one minute’s worth of research on the agency/company we were just reported to be working with, and as I just wrote, they give me zero confidence. Based in Alabama? Which might explain why they think “Influcer” is a good name for the company.

I’ve also asked a few times about our own David Falk School of Sports Management, and what it might be doing toward developing programs that might help us. No answers. I know the school can’t itself make offers to athletes—I’m talking about indirect or affiliation or consultancy-type situations, or even just coursework for athletes to help them better navigate and exploit the new landscape. We should be leading in those aspects. Are we?

He’s talking about ACCELERATE. Isn‘t that our program?

Instead of telling us we don’t know stuff, could you tell us stuff so we would know? Please?

And it doesn’t really matter what we are or aren’t doing relative to the ACC. We are either going to get players good enough to compete in our full schedule, including NCAAs, or we aren’t. The players we are recruiting, by abe large, are entertaining offers from non-ACC schools. Would be great if the ACC Network was doing us similar favors, too. I would expect SU would have some role in making that happen, but as the article on that topic says, that is a unique deal. Point is, we need to be active, proactive, and aggressive, and those of us who aren’t super plugged-in to all of this aren’t seeing us in ‘winning‘ posture. I have done not more than one minute’s worth of research on the agency/company we were just reported to be working with, and as I just wrote, they give me zero confidence. Based in Alabama? Which might explain why they think “Influcer” is a good name for the company.

I’ve also asked a few times about our own David Falk School of Sports Management, and what it might be doing toward developing programs that might help us. No answers. I know the school can’t itself make offers to athletes—I’m talking about indirect or affiliation or consultancy-type situations, or even just coursework for athletes to help them better navigate and exploit the new landscape. We should be leading in those aspects. Are we?

his mocking response of ACCELERATE was in response to the P12 network announcement. And the answered to what SU has been and is doing has been discussed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom