Cuse Awards Was Held Last Night | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Awards Was Held Last Night

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
rp_primary_2012CuseAwards_overall.jpg

This celebration of SU athletics is based loosely on the Academy Awards. A lot of awards are given out for outstauding accomplishments by SU athletics. This was the 6th one. It was televised live from the Goldstein Auditorium in the Schine Student Center. I enjoyed watching it. It had a lot of funny and entertaining bits in it, and it provided a good review of how successfully SU has been on the athletic fields and courts over the past 2 semesters.

Among the highlights, Jarret Eaton won the Male Performance of the Year and the Male Athlete of the Year. He become the 1st SU track and field athlete to ever win an NCAA title, winning the 60m hurdles in March. He wore a nice suit and a funky hat and might have won the best dressed award too if one were awarded.

SU cross country star Lauren Penney became SU's first female cross country All American.

SU softball coach Leigh Ross and SU women's lax coach Gary Gait shared the coach of the year award.

SU basketball player Michael Carter-Williams won the Shot of the Year award for a resounding dunk he made against St John's in MSG. SU football player Shamarko Thomas won the Syracuse Eight Award of Courage. He just lost both parents since enrolling at Syracuse and is assisting in raising his 5 younger siblings, while also attending SU and playing football. He received a resounding standing ovation when his name was introduced. Humble guy who is an unbelievable hard worker. Pretty special young man. SU football player Kevyn Scott was also honored for making the 1st team Academic All America team.

Congratulations to all. I encourage those of you in upstate NY with Time Warner Sports to catch a rebroadcast if you can.

Link

Wow I guess I didn't know that about Shamarko. That's a testament to what a great young man he is, and I will be pulling extra hard for him to have a huge year this year and get a shot at the league.

Wow I guess I didn't know that about Shamarko. That's a testament to what a great young man he is, and I will be pulling extra hard for him to have a huge year this year and get a shot at the league.
It was the whole reason he planned on leaving early at first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom