Cuse Big East Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Big East Schedule

Isn’t it interesting how the Big East finds a way to get the league’s best travelling fan base(by far) up to Providence every year? This will make 4 out of the last 5 years we’ve played a game at Providence.

It'll be the final sellout ever at the Dunk.

Exciting to play Georgetown twice. But it remains to be seen if Syracuse fans will be "allowed" to purchase tickets to the Verizon this season (we didn't play them away last year).

For those who don't remember the scenario a couple of years back, SU fans had basically taken over the verizon and the nearby beerhall, Clydes. In the the fall of 09, apparently weary of being outscored (outguzzled) and outcheered, GT announced that for the Feb. 18, 2010 game, it would send SU its "minimum allotment" (about 140 tickets to a 20,000 seat arena), but withhold tickets for the 'general public' (i.e., visiting SU fans). This "grey-out" -- a vicious little plot hatched by the GT AD -- effectively banned orangefans from seeing the game (except for a few clever souls who got tickets through the GT alumni society).

For the upcoming season, it will do us no good to call GT out for its poor sportsmanship and petty policies (they'll always have small penises). The question is ... is our AD going to let the GT AD pull another ticket stunt this season?

While the GT AD was obviously on board, it was Teddy Hockey's call. GT alum, plus he owns the building.

As much as I wish it would happen, JB has too much class to say "The Big East Conference is Officially Closed"

Now that would be awesome.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

one quibble - Game Day is a Saturday thing, this game should be on Sunday, the final regular season game of the year. As much as I wish it would happen, JB has too much class to say "The Big East Conference is Officially Closed"
I think the regular season has ended on Sat for the past several years--maybe since they stated playing BET games on Tue.

Isn’t it interesting how the Big East finds a way to get the league’s best travelling fan base(by far) up to Providence every year? This will make 4 out of the last 5 years we’ve played a game at Providence.
During the course of the 30+ year history of the BE, SU has played at Providence much more than the Friars have played at the Dome. Just more from the Providence Mafia, I guess.

Also, this will be 2 years in a row at UConn without a return visit by them.

And, as noted by Tomcat, we continue to visit LVille on a regular basis.

On an side note, this is very early date for the BE "opponents" list. Usually it comes in mid- to late-July.

While the GT AD was obviously on board, it was Teddy Hockey's call. GT alum, plus he owns the building.
Hockey had to go along, no doubt. (He may have agreed to eat some empty seats.) But this plot was hatched in the AD's office -- they were the only ones that knew how to manipulate the 'minimum allotment' so that SU fans would get shut out.

Regardless of the list of conspirators, however, this was a despicable strategy: "since we can't beat SU on the court, let's rig the ticket system so that only GT fans can get in the arena"!! Nice plan from a Jesuit University.

If we have a very good team again, that could be a great opportunity for another "Break the Attendance Record" promotion. I wonder if the Dome scoreboard renovation includes a rewiring of the basketball system to allow for midfield placement of the court.

I have a feeling we'll put the court at midfield the first time Duke or Carolina comes to town. Plus Cantor implied as much.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

During the course of the 30+ year history of the BE, SU has played at Providence much more than the Friars have played at the Dome. Just more from the Providence Mafia, I guess.

On an side note, this is very early date for the BE "opponents" list. Usually it comes in mid- to late-July.
we played yukon at home last year and blew them out.

Exciting to play Georgetown twice. But it remains to be seen if Syracuse fans will be "allowed" to purchase tickets to the Verizon this season (we didn't play them away last year).

For those who don't remember the scenario a couple of years back, SU fans had basically taken over the verizon and the nearby beerhall, Clydes. In the the fall of 09, apparently weary of being outscored (outguzzled) and outcheered, GT announced that for the Feb. 18, 2010 game, it would send SU its "minimum allotment" (about 140 tickets to a 20,000 seat arena), but withhold tickets for the 'general public' (i.e., visiting SU fans). This "grey-out" -- a vicious little plot hatched by the GT AD -- effectively banned orangefans from seeing the game (except for a few clever souls who got tickets through the GT alumni society).

For the upcoming season, it will do us no good to call GT out for its poor sportsmanship and petty policies (they'll always have small penises). The question is ... is our AD going to let the GT AD pull another ticket stunt this season?

Pretty sure they limited ticket sales to the 2011 game. The 2010 game in Washington was open to all, sold out early, and very orange.

By us? We had home-and-home with UConn this year, about two weeks apart.

The Louisville thing has been way unbalanced, though. That's a weird one. Probably cancelled out by the fact that we went to West Virginia once in the last four years and they came up to the Dome three times.

Agree on always having to play at Lville being BS but its a home and away this year so hard to be really upset. I like the fact we have Nova and Providence as a home and away to, we should really be 4-0 3-1 at worst in those games. Could be a nice cure for a February swoon.

one quibble - Game Day is a Saturday thing, this game should be on Sunday, the final regular season game of the year. As much as I wish it would happen, JB has too much class to say "The Big East Conference is Officially Closed"
That would be the right way to end things (not the acerbic quote, but your suggestion having the last SU-GTown game played in Syracuse, at the end of the regular season, repeating the circumstances of the game that got the conference started properly).

I really hope it happens. It would make for a huge, very emotional crowd, a giant TV audience and a most memorable way to end things.

Well we get Cincy at home thats not bad. They will be in the top four of the big east.

Ville will be tough. Siva, Behanon, Dieng and Smith returning says alot. And Wayne Blackshire is a soph Mcd AA. On the plus side they are loosic Kuric and aren't a great outside shooting team. Going to be entertaining. I pray to God we win one of the Ville games, even if its only by one.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/h2h/syracuse_vs_providence

i don't mean to beat up on you but a quick glance through does not support your argument (and i didn't count through all of the games). it looks pretty even to me. and wow, a 44-9 margin since 1980.

Home: Cincinnati
DePaul
Georgetown
Louisville
Notre Dame
Providence
Rutgers
St. John's
Villanova
Road GamesConnecticut
Georgetown
Louisville
Marquette
Pittsburgh
Providence
Seton Hall
USF
Villanova

Are those games in order? I must tell you that playing Providence, Rutgers and St. John's (I am assuming none of them will be that good) towards the end of the season at home is sort of a buzz kill. The students will be raring to go, but how do you get UP for Rutgers?

Pretty sure they limited ticket sales to the 2011 game. The 2010 game in Washington was open to all, sold out early, and very orange.

Ok, yes, 2011 it was, good correction, Otto. We won 58-51, the game was 2-26-11. Scoop and Dirty had good games. That was the date of the grey out ticket scam at the verizon, not 2010.

This past season (11-12) we didn't play GT at the verizon. But in the upcoming season, we do. So hopefully, we won't get shafted like we did the last time we were (not) there.

Ok, yes, 2011 it was, good correction, Otto. We won 58-51, the game was 2-26-11. Scoop and Dirty had good games. That was the date of the grey out ticket scam at the verizon, not 2010.

This past season (11-12) we didn't play GT at the verizon. But in the upcoming season, we do. So hopefully, we won't get shafted like we did the last time we were (not) there.

My guess: weekend game, they try the same stunt. Weeknight, they'll be at risk of drawing 7,000 fans, so they'll open up ticket sales.

My guess: weekend game, they try the same stunt. Weeknight, they'll be at risk of drawing 7,000 fans, so they'll open up ticket sales.

I'm not sure what they'll do... obviously last time (2-26-11) at the Verizon was a Saturday, and they were able to rally plenty of hoya conspirators to buy up the public tickets. So why they wouldn't commit another act of holy war next season? (I don't trust them one iota).

Our AD was obviously caught off-guard and disappointed (and let GT know about it). But that's in the past. THIS season is a different story -- we know GT's desperate. So there will be no excuse for letting our fans get screwed out of Verizon tickets a second time.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/h2h/syracuse_vs_providence

i don't mean to beat up on you but a quick glance through does not support your argument (and i didn't count through all of the games). it looks pretty even to me. and wow, a 44-9 margin since 1980.
Thanks for the reference. I looked at it very closely. From 1981 to 1996, there was a double round-robin schedule, so the number of home games is equal. However, during that period, two of the games listed as SU "home" games (March '87 and March '95), were BE Tournament games. Since the unbalanced schedule began, and in years where only one game was played between SU and PC, the Friars were home 7 times, the Orange 3 (and '02- '03 and '05-'06 they did not meet at all). Plus, this record does not list the game played in 1980, the first year of the BE. Everyone played only 6 league games that season--3 home, 3 away. And SU was at Providence. So that makes it 8 to 3. Maybe not a huge difference over 31 years. But, I doubt any other of the original 9 (including BC, Nova, and Pitt) have a series history that is quite that tilted.

Are those games in order? I must tell you that playing Providence, Rutgers and St. John's (I am assuming none of them will be that good) towards the end of the season at home is sort of a buzz kill. The students will be raring to go, but how do you get UP for Rutgers?

They are in alphabetical order.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom